A did you know thread?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Did you know the new August thread is heading towards 40 posts and it's only been going for just over a hour and a half. Is this a record :eh: ( fantastic posts guys) :thumbup:

RRB

Sensible choice Netty :) :lol:

Netty70

Robinredbreast said:
Did you know the new August thread is heading towards 40 posts and it's only been going for just over a hour and a half. Is this a record :eh: ( fantastic posts guys) :thumbup:

RRB

Sensible choice Netty :) :lol:

A rare occasion for me RRB hahaha

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Did you know the oldest cow ever recorded was a Dremon cow named 'Big Bertha' who died 3 months before her 49th birthday on new years eve 1993. 'Big Bertha also holds the record for lifetime breeding as she produced 39 calves'. Poor old thing must of been shattered :shock:

RRB :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Noooo I know a 40 year old cow,...... Only joking luv x

:)

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Did you know that a trumpet player (or a trombone player) cannot continue to play if you suck a lemon in front of him?

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Did you know there is (or was) a builders company in Surbiton called 'I Bodgit & Scarper'

Did you know here in Cornwall when someone says they will be there 'dreckly' take heed. Dreckly is Cornish for directly which is Cornish for......

Dano91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you know that 'twelve plus one' and 'eleven plus two' both equal thirteen? Yes? Well did you know that both statements also equal thirteen letters - in equal amount?

hornplayer

BillB said:
Did you know that a trumpet player (or a trombone player) cannot continue to play if you suck a lemon in front of him?

I'd heard that. Never tried it though. Can see why it would work.

When I first started, I used to take a jiff lemon squeezy thing on stage with me. - Its really hard to play with a dry mouth. It didn't take long for my saliva glands to catch up but it was really useful for a time. :)

Having said that, I do have one tuba pupil who sits there with spit literally running off his chin while he's playing. It took me a couple of years to be able to look directly at him when he plays!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
An elephant cannot jump and is the only mammal besides humans to have four 'forward facing knees'.

I think the dolphin is the only mammal bedides humans for self gratification.

A dog does not recognise it's own reflection.

Miners used to take budgies into mineshafts to tesy for gas before the davy lamp.

This is memory-based, I've forgotten more than I can remember.

It's impossible to lick your own elbow.

You've just tried to. :)

Oh fables and **** facts, fun. So much better for not googling.

How many anims did moses take aboard the ark....?

None it was noah!

Why did the sun blush?

Because the sea-weed.

Poor poor poor. I wish there were a dirty joke forum.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Mart lots of great info, but......... an Elephant has 2 knees at the back and 2 elbows/wrists in the front. It was on QI at some point :)

The hollow at the back of our knees is called hough

RRB :)

hornplayer

Did you know that humans are the only species that consumes the milk of a different species? And that, apparently, in Japan, milk is referred to as cow juice? - feel free to call me on that one, I'm off to eat a piece of cheese! ;)

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not so much a DID u know... More of a DO u know/ can u confirm?? Is rupert Everett gay as a couple guys at work said this but I just wanted to check as it was shocking news to be honest lol

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Seriously_Sax1989 said:
Not so much a DID u know... More of a DO u know/ can u confirm?? Is rupert Everett gay as a couple guys at work said this but I just wanted to check as it was shocking news to be honest lol

Lol ! You sound so disappointed. I'm not sure to be honest. He seems very camp but I believe he's had girlfriend ? I'm pretty sure however that Rupert Bear is gay as no straight bear would wear that outfit !
Mo