What meter/monitor do you use?

vespa

I have been given Freestyle Optium, seem ok, it tells me my Blood sugar and has ketones tester as pert of the programming, I have nothing to compare it to, it does the job and I get my strips on prescription.

glenmoray

The hospitals and diabetic nurses are now advising patients to use a blood glucose monitoring system that measures your blood glucose and ketones. I have two good ones which do both. The first is the Abbott Freestyle Insulinx which diabetes.co.uk are giving away free to patients. The second one is the Glucomen LX test meter. Both of these monitors are accurate and you can get these on repeat prescription from your doctor.A lot of the expensive fancy ones you will find your doctor will refuse to put onto repeat prescription.

stillo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not been able to walk
Hi

I have just been given a free upgrade from an Accuchek Aviva to a Accuchek Mobile by Accuchek themselves. i dealt with an extremely knowledgeable customer service agent, i would i sent them an email and they offered my this meter

Stillo

Pyroraby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm using Accucheck mobile which is excellent as I have arthritis so no messing with strips but I have just received a Freestyle Insulinx do I have to have a nurse set up for carb counting and does it do ketones what are people's views on this meter thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Joyola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the Accu-check Aviva Nano,
But my pharmacy hasn't been Ble to get the lancets for this for 3 months now, luckily I have a box left, is Anyone else having difficulty getting these?

Daff

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brussel sprouts and aubergines...
I use the Accu Chek Mobile - Excellent piece of kit. Simple to use too...
It cost me £30 from Boots, a cassette of 50 strips is £28 and a drum of 6 lancets is £5.
Why are strips sooooo expensive?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Daff. Look on the expiry dates first and try ebay on buy it now.
I get mine for £12:smile:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ithe first one i got from my diabetic nurse was a accu-chek aviva a brilliant meter. i was given a Freestyle insulinx free which is a excerlent meter.

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
freestyle freedom lite. the best little blood sugar meter ive ever used. its very quick giving the reading and uses a little blood.

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
I joined the SD codefree club a week or so ago when my accuchek nano test strips ran out. Since i fund my own strips I changed to SD Codefree meter and its doing ok for me.

Mark

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a code free because of the cheap strips but I use my multiclix from my accu chek meter it is kinder :)
CAROL

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
carty said:
I use a code free because of the cheap strips but I use my multiclix from my accu chek meter it is kinder :)
CAROL

Yes I agree about the lancet device, I use my fastclix lancet device from my accucheck nano and buy my lancet cartridges from ebay.

Mark

Stark

I use the Bayer USB monitoring device , its really sleek and also has a colour L.E.D screen and makes averages from the last 14 days and also the last 30 days. You can also plug it into your computer and then print off the readings in which they are all compiled into an average. Only problem is that my tester does not like my iMac due to the software on my iMac is too advanced for the reader itself. But on windows it works fine.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the Accu Chek mobile and the Bayer contour next usb, the Bayer software is great for doing reports. When out and about I use the Accu Chek for its all in one features.

Got my meters free from the suppliers Bayer sent me a couple, while I bought a spare Accu Chek mobile from Amazon for just over £18, cheaper than buying the test cassettes on there own, though now get the cassettes on prescription.

You can set the insulin your self if you have the access code and know how to set it up, though it is supposed to be set up by your DN.

Amazon have put the Accu Chek mobile price up to £19.76

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Caresens 'N' monitor..the only meter available from my PCT,no thrills but does the job it's meant to. 8)