needle trauma ??????

firebirdbw

I have a pain, just in my skin on my stomach,right on my lower rib line,(literally, on the surface) it has been very tender there for months,(like a bruise, but nothing to see) I am using insulin, injected twice a day, I was told by my GP to use my stomach as a clock, for positions to inject, I do not have a lot of fat to inject into, could I have inadvertently, injected into, muscle ? too high up my stomach ?

I have been to 3 doctors with this pain, nothing was found, even had ultrasound, nothing was found.

Anyone else experienced this ?

DanielBail

Hiya I had this problem too for ages before the guys on this site saved me lol

Firstly rubbing an ice cube on the injection site before hand greatly improved this for me.

Also my stomach was bruised and swollen and painfull and tbh it was just because I was repeatedly using my stomach. Everytime you inject you need to use a completely different site not just a different area of your stomach. Ill attatch a picture of the different sites that work.

I really hopes this helps because I suffeeed too untill I made these adjustments.

Good luck!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Attachments

• 1376328755273.jpg
    1376328755273.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 543

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. What size needles are you using? I use 4mm, the smallest, as I'm quite thin. Larger ones could go into muscle etc.

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Diabetic nurse said draw a imaginary smile line under the belly button across one side to the other and use that .anything above makes my daughter scream the house down and bruise? I wish she could use me as a pin cushion instead ! That's why she's going on pump one injection every 3 days sounds like heaven x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App