Ophthamology today, shocked and scared

debs6566

Good luck RRB I believe in the power of thought and there is a lot of people rooting for you including me during this scary time. Hopefully the operation is all over now and your on your way to recovery big hugs x

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck today RRB. So happy for you that your daughter is with someone you can be comfortable with. That must be a huge relief. I hope you are recovered soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you love and a huge ((((((hug))))))

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And another one here, hoping all the best to you and your family.
Roy. :)

MonoJono

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello.
Dont worry!
I put up with 2 years of lasering every month. Sometimes 1000 zaps a session before having a vitrectomy. Were the membrane or jelly is removed completely. This removes the area that blood flows into and obstructs your vision. The replace the membrane wih an oil or a gas. Since ive had this surgey, my retonopathy has slowed down complwtely and bothers me a lot less. The surgery can be done as a day case though. The major inconviniece was having to lie face down for 2 months whilst it settled. Dont wory about it. Ive had 5 eye surgeries. I even did one under local anaesthetic whilst awake, but once was enough. General is much more preferable to me.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL SUPPORT X

RRB :D

H

Hooked

Robinredbreast said:

So pleased to see you posting to let us know you've got through it. NOW GO REST YOUR EYES!!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hooked said:
Robinredbreast said:

So pleased to see you posting to let us know you've got through it. NOW GO REST YOUR EYES!!

Phew - I am sooooooooo relieved and glad , she has 'peeped' in and posted though !
It is nice to hear from her and that she has made it through today somehow :)

Yep she will NEED to rest her eyes and take things easy - no stress , over worrying etc

Hopefully our posts to her - will have cheered and comforted her somewhat :thumbup:

Anna .

Daff

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brussel sprouts and aubergines...
I do hope and pray that Robin is ok...

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Very happy to hear you're ok. I hope that all has gone well with the op and that your eyes settle down. Do keep us updated - when your health permits!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just a quick note to let you know I have my pre op assessment next week Thursday 22 in Southamptonn.

Thank you so much to all you lovely members who were thnikong of me

RRB X

H

Hooked

Robinredbreast said:
Just a quick note to let you know I have my pre op assessment next week Thursday 22 in Southamptonn.

RRB X

Fingers crossed for then. Can I ask what they said to you on Tuesday about it all? Feel free to tell me to keep my nose out if you'd rather not go into it. Thinking on you and sending you healing vibes. xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hooked said:
Robinredbreast said:

RRB X

Fingers crossed for then. Can I ask what they said to you on Tuesday about it all? Feel free to tell me to keep my nose out if you'd rather not go into it. Thinking on you and sending you healing vibes. xx

Hi Hooked , thank you for you support, you are not being nosey, it's just that I didn't want to say to much as it's not great news. words include 'urgent surgery, and high risk of visual loss' but still trying to keep positive and crossing my fingers and toes.

Take care and hope your day is going well.

RRB :)

crumblecookie

Hi
Please try not to worry It is amazing what the surgeons can do these days. My son in law had the same problem as you but after the op he was fine. Take care Everyone on the Forum Site will be thinking of you. Relax as much as you can
M.