Hba1c result

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit disapointed newly diagnosed, only had four, this one was 44, the others had been 43,42,41. I am a male aged 76

is that result anything to be concerned about ? and what have I been doing wrong to make it go up, I am at the moment on diet only.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
those numbers are actually pretty good. Within the NHS guidelines . Last time I checked their target was < 6.5%., which is 48. So you are doing well.
If you really want to get it down from there, the only thing you can do is to cut back on carbohydrates. So reducing anything containing sugar,[including sweet fruits] flour or other starch . such as bread potatoes, rice and pasta. Make up your portions with more vegetables, preferably salads or leafy greens.
I personally find having my main meal midday instead of evening suits me better.
Hana

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for that but the calculator on here say's 44 is 7.3% or have I got it wrong ?

celast

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that, so 44 is not the end of the world then ?

A

Anonymous

celast said:
Bit disapointed newly diagnosed, only had four, this one was 44, the others had been 43,42,41. I am a male aged 76

is that result anything to be concerned about ? and what have I been doing wrong to make it go up, I am at the moment on diet only.

There's only 0.3 mmol/L between the lowest and highest. That's b.gg.r all. I was that 12 months ago and am now 38 (not age, of course!) with very little extra effort. So, be pleased! Suggest you look at what you eat in the evening. If, like me, you eat the most then and the only exercise thereafter is lifting the remote controller, you might want to shift some of that food to when it's really needed, during the day. Just one of many ideas I'm sure you will get.

A

Anonymous

nomistheman said:
gezzathorpe said:
There's only 0.3 mmol/L between the lowest and highest. That's b.gg.r all.
Don't want to seem pedantic but, for the sake of clarity you did mean there's only 3 mmol/mol between them, right gezzathorpe? :wink:

I make the difference between 44 mmol/mol and 41 mmol/mol to be 0.5 mmol/L - which as you say is b#gg3r / naff all. :)

Ooops... yes (if that's the right answer then that's definitely what I meant! :D :D :D ) ... clever sod!

A

Anonymous

nomistheman said:
@gezzathorpe

Actually I think you didn't take into account celast's latest HbA1c of 44 mmol/mol as the difference between 43 mmol/mol and 41 mmol/mol is indeed 0.3 mmol/L.

So we're both right, just I'm more accurate. :LOL:

Hope I haven't caused you any offence my friend :wave: - sorry if I did.

Plotting my revenge right now! :think: :think: :D