Night and Morning

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
Can anyone explain to me why or how I can have a reading of 6.2 before bed and 7.3 when I wake up before eating or drinking anything ?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seano said:
Can anyone explain to me why or how I can have a reading of 6.2 before bed and 7.3 when I wake up before eating or drinking anything ?

Yes, you don't have to eat for your sugar levels to rise. In fact, if you don't eat for some hours your liver will provide glucose since it thinks you need energy and there is no food to provide it.

Look up "liver rush" or "dawn phenomenon".

Seano

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brussels, People who can't do their jobs properly
Thanks for the reply Squire Fullwood :thumbup: that puts my mind at rest, like yourself I am T2 and not on insulin so I wont worry so much about it now

Seano.

AntoniaC

Can anyone give me some advice? My mother drinks too much wine and is becoming more and more ill on Metformin. I'm taking her to the doctor this week, should I get her to admit how much she drinks?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
AntoniaC said:
Can anyone give me some advice? My mother drinks too much wine and is becoming more and more ill on Metformin. I'm taking her to the doctor this week, should I get her to admit how much she drinks?

Is your mother impaired in some way? "Taking her to the doctor" and "should I get her to admit" are phrases that suggest she needs your help in some way.

My nurse told me to cut out the drinking and I just said no. Simples.