Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
lrw60 said:
Oh boys and girls please!! Calm down!!

If the op has indeed deleted his account with us then we are all posting for our own amusment instead of spending the time down the pub. He aint gonna read it people! Keep the jokes (love it) for those who can take it.

Did someone mention the Pub? :thumbup: Sounds a great idea to me! :D

A

Anonymous

paul-1976 said:
lrw60 said:
Oh boys and girls please!! Calm down!!

If the op has indeed deleted his account with us then we are all posting for our own amusment instead of spending the time down the pub. He aint gonna read it people! Keep the jokes (love it) for those who can take it.

Did someone mention the Pub? :thumbup: Sounds a great idea to me! :D

Have you finished filing away everything? You should be done now. If you need any more I've got tons of stuff from 'elsewhere' filed away.

images

janeecee

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
The trouble is that there are a lot of opinions, fad diets and pseudoscience online and it's very difficult to sort out what is good information and what is misinformation. Not only that, different people are diagnosed at different stages and have different contributory factors, so there is no one solution that will work exactly the same for everyone.

There has been so much hype around the Newcastle Diet but ultimately it's an extreme weight loss diet and will only help those who have a lot of weight to lose and whose excess weight has contributed to their problem and who have been diagnosed a relatively short time. There is a lot of information on it and some people choose to follow it with some success, and of course it won't work for everyone.

I do find there is some hostility at times when someone expresses opinions or experiences with dietary regimes that are not the same someone else's and I have found option rather ugly at times, with people being accused of being "not diabetic" because the eat more carbs than someone else, and quite honestly, it puts me right off. We all have to find out what works for us, not what works for someone else. I have only been trying to work out how to control my prediabetes/impaired glucose tolerance for less than three months and I find it a very stressful and difficult situation to understand. Some dietary approaches haven't suited me, to the point of feeling weak and ill, and I'm getting close to being underweight just trying to keep the numbers down, so I find all the hostility and partisan attitudes to this or that diet a bit off putting when I'm only trying to figure out how to help myself by being able to find relevant information.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Cobra3164 said:
Ok some of the members may not be happy with this and if this offends you I apologise.

Apologies accepted (by me anyhow).
We are all different and many of us struggle to find things that work for us which is why this site is so fantastic. There are lots of opinions and lots of personal experiences and a huge amount of advice, which is why finger-pointing dogmatic rants will always attract ridicule because they are alien to what this is all about. By all means post your thoughts but if you want a measured debate then do it in such a way that it leaves space for others to offer their opinion. If you are not interested in others opinions/experiences then don't bother posting.
I do hope you do stay on the site as I'm sure you will benefit at some point from the best source of diabetes advice there is.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Type 2 diabetics are usually told that they have to control the condition by diet and exercise. Many of them seem to insert the word "slimming" in front of the word diet. It is confusing that we use the same word to describe what we eat and the activity of losing weight.

I am not advocating that an overweight person should not "diet" but I am trying to remind everyone that the word diet does not necessarily involve carrot juice and misery. It just means the food you eat.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cobra,
I don't agree with many of the dietary tenets proclaimed by others on this thread/forum and personally agree that the vlcal diet is extreme (and the reasons for that are also described by Prof Taylor on the Newcastle links)
Nevertheless, I feel that remaining here enables me to put opposing views (even when I'm pilloried for it ). .
If you have developed alternative views, then stay and give them. This forum has no official status, it is just the opinions and views of a diverse group of people If people don't challenge opinions then it is indeed possible for all sorts of 'woo' to become accepted as correct.
Personally, I feel that there are very many varying approaches to diabetes, just as there are many different types of diabetes and people with varying metabolisms.
I have to say though, I am confused with what you say now about your background knowledge and your earlier posts.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Thank you all so much for the brilliant thread replies.

Very funny indeed !!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
mo1905 said:
stuffedolive said:
Cobra3164 said:
I have studied medicine for 5 years and believe that this is a sound conclusion. .

Yeah... je studied French pour 5 ans mais it don't mean je can parlez it !

lol !! moi aussi !

Je went a la Francais Canadian ecole pour 7 ans, mais je n'paralez pas tres bein!

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
You went to a french canadian school for 7 years and speak it very well? :)

A

Anonymous

hale710 said:
Je went a la Francais Canadian ecole pour 7 ans, mais je n'paralez pas tres bein!

Touch of German there, bein Herr!!

My partner's mum is French-Belgian (can't win them all!) and sent her to the French Ecole in Brussels and Switzerland just to get rid of her. She reckons the Canadians can't speak French. To me, it's all double-Dutch.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
paul-1976 said:
You went to a french canadian school for 7 years and speak it very well? :)

Close! I don't speak it very well. Get my French standard grade was a miracle

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I got an 'F' for french in the limited GCSE's I was able to take so a close will do me alright! :D

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
hale710 said:

Better than my attempt Hale710. However, you're still having problems with the past tense of 'to go' - 'ir' if my memory serves me right.
Perhaps "I went " = " j'irais" ? or sommat like that - can anyone help me here, it was 40 years ago!

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
gezzathorpe said:
My partner's mum is French-Belgian (can't win them all!) and sent her to the French Ecole in Brussels and Switzerland just to get rid of her. She reckons the Canadians can't speak French.
From my time in Quebec, they thought no-one could speak French correctly exept them, Even the French! :crazy:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
stuffedolive said:
hale710 said:

Better than my attempt Hale710. However, you're still having problems with the past tense of 'to go' - 'ir' if my memory serves me right.
Perhaps "I went " = " j'irais" ? or sommat like that - can anyone help me here, it was 40 years ago!

I've no idea! We had 1 hour ever afternoon that was 100% in French. I sat dead silent and barely understood what the class was on. Luckily I moved to the uk after that!

Daff

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brussel sprouts and aubergines...
stuffedolive said:
Cobra3164 said:
Ok some of the members may not be happy with this and if this offends you I apologise.

as I'm sure you will benefit at some point from the best source of diabetes advice there is.

Concur with that Olive! I have learned so much in the months that I've been a member of this fantastic forum! :thumbup:
Daff.

lukkymik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The opposites of above!!!!
Couldnt agree more with most of you saying without different comments and thought trains how can we compare how we all cope in our different ways with this unwelcome disease we have. As long as people dont pontificate and tells us "You're Wrong... This is Right" then i'm happy to go with the flow!!!

Je mappel Mike & je suis un idiot!!!!! lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please can the mods employ an interpreter for all this french stuff :crazy:
CAROL