Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
More than 1.7 million blood glucose testing strips are being recalled over potential false readings. The medical watchdog says the affected items are the GlucoMen LX Sensor strips for use with the GlucoMen LX and GlucoMen LX PLUS blood glucose meter

How to check if you own the affected test strips:

You can check if you have the affected test strips at home by looking for the lot numbers below on the tubs of test strips:

· Lot 3212219249, expiry date 31-08-2014
· Lot 3212214249, expiry date 31-08-2014

The Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency have asked diabetics not to use the test strips because of a fault which could leave sufferers overestimating the amount of insulin they need to take.

image_update_88e5a0a21966d33d_1376490111_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

How to contact the manufacturer

Great Britain: 0800 243 667 or 01189 444128
Republic of Ireland: 1800 709903
Northern Ireland: 0800 7837286

michelereid2002

This is scarey I was using these strips until I changed my meter but exactly when did this problem occur because some of my readings would now make sence and that I have been putting inacurate readings into my diary but how long have they known about it
Let
Me know if anyone has any anwers is it just the strips or have meters been affected

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Since using insulix my BGs have fluctuated wildly! Coincidence!? Over to you guys, please. I prefer Bayer personally, but the temptation of ready made graphs sounded too good to be true - maybe it was. I can knock up a meaningful graph with targets and an average/mean reading in abou 2 minutes. Very disappointed. On the plus side, produced a suite of Right Time Railway Reports for LNW route today and got them approved, to improve rail travl for the commuting/travelling public - Yeah!!! That's going in my review pack!