Cadex alarm watch

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I feel sorry for you, bud. I hate being conned.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
To cover your back, send a read receipt! Simples.

DavidMH

Hi all and thanks so much for the support and ideas. I am quite a laid back kind of guy and need a bit of a kicking to start the wheels turning. Well e-pill have yet to reply so, I have made a claim against them via PayPal. Now this raises another problem, because I logged in at the e-pill site it takes you to the PayPal site as a 'guest', so despite putting in your username/password into the PayPal secure site it does NOT list your transaction?

So in future for ANY PayPal (regardless of the company) transaction be aware of this. In itself this is not to much of a problem but you have to get PayPal to acknowledge the transaction via email. They then start you on the claims procedure, which is very simple.....NOT! You are asked to send the item back with a tracking number from the post office/courier etc. I did this and I could not then complete the tracking request as it does not appear on your PayPal account, it is infuriating and you need to keep sending them emails.

A bit of a pain but it seems (mental crossing of fingers) that my claim is under review, I will update you all as and when, many thanks for listening to my rants. The only reason I want the reminder is not so much for the injection, I can get away with that for a few hours, it is because I do not want to hypo as I drive a lot, I do know people who suck sweets whilst driving but I am trying to keep my weight/BG all under really tight control, I already have some eye and neuropathy problems after 21 years and am just trying to do 'the right thing' It seems I do not have a lot of luck recently, check out my problems with Medic Alert UK as well.

Many thanks again

Dave MH

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
I wouldn't spend $100 on an alarm clock anyway, but rest assured I will never ever use e-Pill. Shame really, cos it's not like English is a foreign language. (Unless they're from Minnesota, Ja).

Thanks for warning others, mate. Good luck with the rest of this mission!

Mart.

DavidMH

Thanks for the encouragement Martwolves ad everyone else who has chipped in, at the end of the day if only one person reads this and is saved from the grief dealing with 'e-pill reminders' then my conscience is clear, I could not be quiet and let them bend me over and take one for America.

Dave MH

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
As an afterthought Dave, and it's on topic, have you considered getting a "belt-clip" holster? You can get one from under a tenner. That way you can (a) set your multi daily reminders and (b) not lose your phone. Just thinking aloud. Cheaper than $100 for a watch, mate. I wish I had one for my BB but I'm too lazy and stick it in my pockets. It's forever going off and I don't forget it. It's set to vibrate so even if I'm out and about on the railway I'll be notified. Think about it, two birds, one brick. (Not to be confused with 2 girls 1 cup!, lol)

Mart :)

There's more than one way to skin a pig :)

DavidMH

martwolves said:
have you considered getting a "belt-clip" holster

I have my friend and may try that route. Of course when out in the 'campo' off roading with friends in the event of a problem I can see me diving under a car and laying on the phone and breaking it. I am a pretty hopeless case to be honest, I went out yesterday morning to the shops, collected some provisions and when I get to the till I realise I have left my wallet at home! So no problem I am well known and trusted where I live and was sent on my way and told to pay whenever back in the shop. Of course I went straight home and returned and made the payment. Later in the day I left my 'man bag' at a friends house, in it was my BG machine, and a few other odds and ends.....including my phone!

I have now purchased a 'G-SHOCK' watch, it has multiple vibration alarms and it built like a brick sh*t house, completely waterproof, what did I do? TOOK IT OFF TO WASH MY HANDS BEFORE LUNCH AND LEFT IT AT MY FRIENDS!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I have seen a device (which I think was a watch) that alerted you if the distance between the watch and your mobile exceeded for example three metres? But I am thinking a combined effort, phone in holster (will have to hold Galaxy S3)my watch, and perhaps an alarm clock in the car!

To think I worked as an IT Lecturer for many years, I decided to 'semi retire' and my brain (or at least the memory part) has stalled within 6 - 7 years of giving up my job, hmmm perhaps there is a message in that sentence,............but I cannot remember what it was.

Dave MH

keefyboyuk

Did you buy this by Ebay and Paypal, if so then start a dispute with Paypal. Am I of the understanding that you live in Spain and the item comes from the US or from Hong Kong paying in US$'s, if so you might have a few problems getting your money back. I have never heard of the company before and their product, but as other people say use your phone, thats what i have used for years.
Good luck

oweri02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I realise a penny short, but if ever you buy with a CREDIT card anything between £100->£30000 (even just a part payment over £100) you can engage a section 75 against your credit card company to get any monies back.

All detailed at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... -purchases

Sadly you'll read that even if you paid via paypal using your credit-card, section 75 not likely to be honoured

DavidMH

keefyboyuk said:
Did you buy this by Ebay and Paypal, if so then start a dispute with Paypal. Am I of the understanding that you live in Spain and the item comes from the US or from Hong Kong paying in US$'s, if so you might have a few problems getting your money back. I have never heard of the company before and their product, but as other people say use your phone, thats what i have used for years.
Good luck

Hi and thanks for your interest keefyboyuk, you must have skipped the post a couple above yours? I did use PayPal and do indeed have claim pending however, e-pill use a guest sign in system to access PayPal. I do not quite understand how this works but you still have to enter your PayPal password etc but what it does do is bypass the normal PayPal procedure, this leave you without the transaction showing on your account! It is a bit 'iffy' in my opinion as you then need to jump through a lot of hoops just to get a claim going, the claims process is automated right up to the point someone decides in your favour/against you.

The problems start when the automated system gives out the procedure for you to follow, no sooner have you started this you find you cannot access the claim number to enter return/tracking details. Then there is a long chain of emails to get through, my problems were compounded by the PayPal system detecting my IP address and then starting the process in Spanish. Whilst I would give my spoken Spanish around a 4 out of 10 my written is nearer -4 out of 10!!

Anyway, suffice to say the whole process has been distressing (and still is on going) made worse by the distance, I may be in the US around Christmas and may pop in and find someone to punch!!!!!

Dave MH

Alizarin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty. Stupidity when it is due to laziness. Rules and regulations that are not based on common-sense …
I also have very short term memory, getting shorter all the time ! So I did get one of these things.
It is good to find out that it is not merely my lack of IT skill that has meant it is yet another useless gadget,

I just cannot use it. It is useless ... Anyone want to try mine out ?

Zela

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
It came to over hundred quid with the P and P. Expendititure > hundred quid/dollars. SIMPLE! :) chill your beans, you've been ripped off, unfair and unsquare.

DavidMH

Alizarin said:
I also have very short term memory, getting shorter all the time ! So I did get one of these things.
It is good to find out that it is not merely my lack of IT skill that has meant it is yet another useless gadget,

I just cannot use it. It is useless ... Anyone want to try mine out ?

Zela

Without doubt many companies are set up not to promote understanding of diabetes/heart problems or any other illness, they are there just to make money off the back of people who have problems. True, from a business point of view there is a market out there and most target vulnerable people. I also understand the supply and demand business model which does not allow for moral issues. Could I argue that this sorry situation has made me angry/stressed and made life more difficult? The answer just has to be YES! I lead quite a logical lifestyle, I am a very laid back kind of guy and never ever go out of my way to rock anyone's boat however, when someone for no logical reason does something that upsets my little world I get very angry indeed. Yes I/we were ripped off, if I do not get my money back then this will leave me angry and frustrated, it will pass but at what cost? Even if I do win my case I will still have gone through a process that is quite alien to me, I like to deal with things head on/face to face and yet, when a company such as 'e-pill reminders' do not even answer their emails this just does not help me get closure.

Forums such as Diabetes.co.uk without doubt help immensely, you get linked with people experiencing the same health problems and it also allows you to warn other potential targets, by insulting me they are insulting everyone with a health issue. If e-pill reminders lose just one customer/sale whether diabetic related or otherwise from my exposure of their disgusting attitude to their customers I will feel a little happier.

I await the outcome of my PayPal claim, I will of course get back to the forum regardless of which way it goes.

Dave MH

DavidMH

SUCCESS!

Well the news is all good, PayPal have investigated my claim and after looking at the issues and problems I have had with e-pill reminders they have concluded I should get my money back. They have further noted that as I sent the item back I may have incurred further costs which they are also prepared to recover from e-pill reminder. To be honest the $10 (8 euros/7 GB pounds) it cost to get the faulty Cadex 12 Alarm Watch back to the states is the last thing on my mind, I may not even bother.

It is interesting that despite the fact that e-pill reminders have had to refund me my money, they have yet to contact me, at best this is rude, but in reality this shows complete and utter contempt for my complaint, are they concerned I will sue them for the stress if they admit they sell sub-standard merchandise, or perhaps they just think they are too big a company to worry about customer dissatisfaction? Their customer relation skills (and I use the word 'skills' with caution) are beyond belief, to be treated in such a disgraceful manner by, what is supposed to be a company being driven by the need to help people (and understandably profit) and yet in reality they are driven solely by greed, a greed fed by the unfortunate many who have been dealt a bad hand in life, the same people who turn to companies like this for help in managing their health issues and yet find, they are not even capable of sending an email to help you!

Once PayPal confirm I have in fact been credited I will get back to the forum.

Many thanks for taking the time for reading, it will not be a waste of your time if you decide NOT to purchase from e-pill reminders USA, in fact you will be saved grief and stress and of course time and money!

Dave MH