help!!! new member

fairyprincess

Hi all, i am new to the site and looking for some advice, i am wondering if there is a possibility i may have diabetes, as both heels of my feet itch really, really badly and so do my palms on my hands but my feet are the worse sometimes very bad. recently though i have started to get numb fingers on both hands throughoput the day but always when i wake up in the morning. I don't appear to have any of the other symptoms but would love some advice please, thanks for reading, Donna :O)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
There sre lots of things could be causing the itching, including the weather, but it's not a typical early symptom for diabetes. If you are worried, go see the doctor

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Donna ,welcome to the forum.best advice is to go and see your doctor and get checked out.Although what you describe could be attributed to diabetes it could also be a lot of other things.For instance,if you were to be overweight then lying in bed at night can put pressure on the nerves of your shoulders/arms causing numbness in hands.there are so many variables that you really need to talk to your doctor about this.

Trinkwasser

It'a plausible this could be early neuropathy but equally plausible that it's circulation problems, fungal infection or a gazillion other things.

See if you can get a Glucose Tolerance Test, or failing that buy a glucometer and do this for a while

http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/NewlyDiagnosed.htm

see what happens to your BG numbers especially after eating and if they are correlated at all to the symptoms.

Many chemists/pharmacies will do an on the spot glucose test, try and eat something really carby about an hour beforehand, and get your blood pressure checked while you're there.

That may give you some information to take to your doctor.

Also a podiatrist may be useful, they will check your peripheral pulses/circulation and do some tests with a fine filament and a tuning fork on your feet to see what you can feel and where.

fairyprincess

thanks so much to everyone, yes i agree these symptoms could be caused by other things but i am not over weight so lying on my hands is not the reason for the numbness, i forgot to say i also need the toilet quite alot and seem to be eating loads, but i will go take a test and let you all know, merry xmas to you all xxxx