Are there any new products you would like to see?

Stark

Hooked said:
A mini sharps box or container that could hold a couple of used needles/lancets/test strips when out for the day would be good, till I could get home and empty it into the proper one. Something not obvious though.

Yes that's definitely a great idea , Thank you!

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ewelina - you want timeinsulin - which you can put on your pen and it tells you when you last used it :)

Thanks!!! Ive just googled it and it exists :) Need to buy it i think i will find it very useful

drvoles

Lulibelle007 said:
A dip tester to test drinks to make sure they're sugar free/diet? I find bar staff get really annoyed when you ask after they've served you if it is definitely diet.

I think you might be able to use a normal urine dip stick.... Might be able to convince your GP to give you some as well as ketostix. Maybe not tho. I'm not sure how reliable the test strip would be in various different drinks. Not a bad idea though.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

H

Hooked

Lulibelle007 said:
A dip tester to test drinks to make sure they're sugar free/diet? I find bar staff get really annoyed when you ask after they've served you if it is definitely diet.

Some people use urine test strips for doing this. :thumbup:

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aw I would love one of those dip tester, I am sure that bar staff do not always give diet and when it's mixed with an alcoholic drink it is difficult to tell. That would be great.

A Simple hi can make you smile :)

Lulibelle007

I can never tell either! And the staff get really annoyed! It's actually amazing how many places don't stock sugar free mixers etc. and the soft drink pumps usually spit out normal coke if the diet one runs out and there's no way to tell! I've heard people using urine strips but how reliable is that?? They do make strips to check for things like drugs to check your drink isn't spiked so why not sugar? Seems like a obvious thing to make for diabetics!!

Elc1112

A cure. Does that qualify as a 'product'?! Probably not.

Personally I would like to see a BM that linked up to your phone. Perhaps a little device that can plug into the headphone socket of an iPhone, for example. Insert a strip. Put some blood on it. App on the phone.

Em

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Elc1112 said:

Personally I would like to see a BM that linked up to your phone. Perhaps a little device that can plug into the headphone socket of an iPhone, for example. Insert a strip. Put some blood on it. App on the phone.

Em

Em, that sounds like the iBGStar (the gadget, not the cure :wink: )

H

Hooked

Elc1112 said:

Em

Here ya go!
http://www.bgstar.com/web/ibgstar

67DC3D86-295D-4E73-9038-D6FA8C243A81.jpg