Its always embarrassing when..

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're at work, college, school etc testing your sugar levels and then they tell you to "put your phone away!" In front of everyone haha happened to me again last week!

What do you find embarrassing about diabetic related things?
Complete the title.. :)

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha it happened in college, I was too nervous to say what it was really :p

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha, thats a good 1. Dont really find I get embarrassed about diabetic things. Only thing I can think of is after a hypo when in work/out and about and I get the sweats I am wary of people thinking look at that smelly bxxxxxd lol

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

H

Hooked

See, I'd be of the mind to turn it around and embarrass the teacher by telling them loudly what I was actually doing. I've been diabetic since 11 years of age. The only thing I've ever found embarrassing about diabetes is having to drop out of things to treat hypos. Otherwise it's a case of, I can deal with my diabetes, you as an onlooker can too!

Trinity_32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish
....when you're in the dentist's chair shaking and pouring with sweat due to a bad hypo and your boyfriend is hovering outside with coke and chocolate :s

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Trinity_32 said:
....when you're in the dentist's chair shaking and pouring with sweat due to a bad hypo and your boyfriend is hovering outside with coke and chocolate :s

Hahaha thats a great one :p Has that happened to you?

SpaceChick

There is a charity cake bake at work, and people think you ate a tight **** for not buying a cupcake!

(There have been two in the last fortnight in my office, I still stuck money in the jar as they were good causes.... Just didn't have the obvious cake wrapper sat on my desk!)

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My brother (also type1) being denounced loudly by his ex bil for being a drug taker who was definately not good enough to date a member of their family. He'd found my brothers needles in the fridge, hadn't checked what the vials actually were. They never did get on!

Marfmama

...your students (who are all on jsa) all chip in to buy you a big chocolate cake for your birthday and look positively crestfallen when you say you can't really eat it. (I had a tiny sliver and brought a chunk home for my son, felt so bad!)
In the same week some new colleagues surprised me in the staff room with a whole load of sweet treats (had only been at this college a couple of weeks) I said I'm really sorry but I'm diabetic and won't be eating much of this, but thank you so much for the thought and at least there's more for everyone else! The manager said "oh well if you had told us your LIFE STORY we could have got something ELSE!" Embarrassing!!! I would have been embarrassed enough by the acknowledging my birthday, I hate attention!