Sugars going up

Jools08

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who think it's my fault.
Diagnosed last December type2. Started low carb diet, oral meds, weight was ok. Sugars came down to normal limits but now going up. Fasting 7.0+ post meals 12.0+ what can I do to reverse the sugars?

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

I'll bump your post up in the hope that a low carber can help.
Might be worth putting a typical day's menu as low carb has different meanings to different people.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
catherinecherub said:
Hi,

I'll bump your post up in the hope that a low carber can help.
Might be worth putting a typical day's menu as low carb has different meanings to different people.

+1 That would be useful so we can spot any 'trigger foods'.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. How old are you? If young then there is always the small possibility of LADA rather than T2 as the diagnosis? What meds are you on? Do keep an eye on the blood sugar and if it keeps going up then do go back to the docs to discuss the diagnosis

Jools08

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
charon said:
Are you exercising?
Try very low carbs for a few days.
Also small meals.
Have problems exercising. Was involved in a road traffic accident 20+ years ago which has left me with mobility problems. Some days I'm fairly mobile next could be so much pain that I can't get out of bed. Which know is a big problem

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Jools08

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Eat meals estimating on how fit I feel plus blood sugars. RTA 20 +years ago suffer from mobility problems and a great deal of pain. On lots of pain killers. Drugs for diabetes Metformin 500mg and Gliclazide 160mg twice aday. Do BG up to 7-8 most days

Jools08

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm 57years old, weight within BMI as it was at diagnosis