Daff

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Brussel sprouts and aubergines...
lukkymik said:
Absolutely spot on lad by eck. 'appen as more people on 'ere 'l unnerstand what stuff from proper chip-oil shud taste like.

At this point one should probably appologise if one has offended anyone by ones apparently uncouth language..

Tough .. It aint appening lol

When 90% of southerners remember there's no "R" in BATH i'll stop talkin proper alreet!!!

Now y'all Have a nice day!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Oh, I say...
'Ave anovver chip my sahn! :mrgreen:

trish1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can any one explain why Fish and Chips would mess up my sugar levels so much? Had a feeling they were having an effect so last night tested before (6.4) and two and half hours later (15.9)...so no more fish and chips but don't really understand why they hit me so hard.
On metformin and gliclazide

Any ideas.

Regards
Jeremy
This has just happened to me 2.5 hours later my blood sugar was 15.5 . Nit on medication but my last hbac1 test went from 53 to 43 I have been T2 since being diagnosed last December. This BS level scaredme Asia must have gone higher than the 15 and my eyes went blurry. Some scary stuff

Reactions: Omar51

Omar51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This has just happened to me 2.5 hours later my blood sugar was 15.5 . Nit on medication but my last hbac1 test went from 53 to 43 I have been T2 since being diagnosed last December. This BS level scaredme Asia must have gone higher than the 15 and my eyes went blurry. Some scary stuff

UK’s favorite and best food(fish and chips) use to be mine too, about 13 years ago!

IanBish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New potatoes are safer than old ones and if you bought your fish and chips in a chippy then you certainly got old ones and you don't know which type.
That's interesting. I might try some Jersey Royals this week and see how my blood sugar reacts.

Bash_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
Fish&chips its a worst combination you can imagine for diabetics. Lots of carbs+lots of fat=disaster. The same about pizza. Normally i take 3 or 4 units for my normal meal. For fish and chips 11 wasnt enough :shock:
I find fish and chips have a two stage on sugar levels as batter is slower than chips at absorbing into the body. Your right to increase and even if you take too much Insulin it's simply to fix, as managing low sugars is simpler to manage than highs.

niblue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take it easy on the chips (usually only eat half of them) and also don't eat much of the batter - and I find that doesn't have too big an effect on my blood sugar.

Reactions: JohnEGreen