Loosing weight

jeanie99

I continue to loose weight on this restrictive diet I am on, this worries me and wondered how other pre diabetics maintain a good weight. I worked out the diet based on the information on this site and by my own research.

I am on a low salt (for high blood pressure) low fat (for high cholesterol) and low sugar diet to stave off T2.

After weeks of nothing sweet I treated myself to a pancake (whole grain flour semi milk no egg)the tiniest amount of jam and 2 hrs later I was horrified as my reading was 19.5.

My morning readings are from 5.1 - 5.7

After dinners in the evening around 7.

Any suggestions.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
jeanie99 said:
I continue to loose weight on this restrictive diet I am on, this worries me and wondered how other pre diabetics maintain a good weight. I worked out the diet based on the information on this site and by my own research.

I am on a low salt (for high blood pressure) low fat (for high cholesterol) and low sugar diet to stave off T2.

After weeks of nothing sweet I treated myself to a pancake (whole grain flour semi milk no egg)the tiniest amount of jam and 2 hrs later I was horrified as my reading was 19.5.

My morning readings are from 5.1 - 5.7

After dinners in the evening around 7.

Any suggestions.

The 19.5 seems way too high for the meal that you describe and it is also out of line with all your other reading. I have no explanation but can say, we all see those sort of things in the beginning. Just stick with it, keep testing different foods, stay with things that produce low results and try again later.

I lost a lot of initially weight but now eat more rye bread, brown rice, wholewheat pasta and so on. Weight has stabilised and blood glucose remains low.

However, if I eat a 'wholewheat chappati', BG will shoot up. The problem is that what passes for wholewheat is laughable in the UK. Waitrose's wholemeal bread actually contains only 6% wholemeal flour. I can trust certain brands, but it took a lot of testing to sort the good from the bad.

jumbleannie1VDJQ

Dislikes
Intolerance, airports, having to plan my meals
Ate you sure that the reading of 19.5 was correct? Could it have been contaminated as it does seem unusually high, especially as your morning readings are quite reasonable. I'm usually in the 5.8 to 6.3 range, but have never recorded anything over 12.5, and that was at Christmas. (Gave into temptation and had a mince tart) :oops: