Footcare - Veruccas

AlanEadie

I would very much appreciate some advice on effective treatment for veruccas when you are Diabetic Type 2.

Obviously the more usual acid treatments are out. Lots of homeopathic options no doubt but having had veruccas for many years I am looking for a treatment that is effective?

Help.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As part of your diabetes check-up you are entitled to be seen by a Podiatrist if you suffer from problems with your feet, I would be inclined to ask them first before buying any treatment as some can be harmful to diabetic feet.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
contact your local hospital trust podiary department. As a diagnosed diabetic, you can self refer. Don't mess with verrucas by yourself.
Hana

H

Hooked

I recently found one on my foot. Well, I felt it, my partner confirmed what I felt as my eyesight isn't great. I rang to see podiatrist and was told they no longer treat them, that they just suggest home use treatments you can pick up in chemist.

I'm still going to see them though, as I have numbness/pain I'm my other foot. Hoping they will treat the verruca for me to as I wouldn't be able to see if I'm doing it properly or if its gone by myself.

I'm T1.

Ophipity

My chiropodist has advised me to apply tea tree oil every day. I have a cluster of veruccas and they are slowly disappearing.

peter_s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can apply all sorts of treatment, or you can just wait until they go away. Takes about the same length of time.

H

Hooked

peter_s said:
You can apply all sorts of treatment, or you can just wait until they go away. Takes about the same length of time.

I wouldn't advise just waiting till they go away. Years ago I had one and ignored it. It ended up covering the entire sole of my heel. No exaggeration.

Sarahfergo

Just be very careful as I know some one who went to see a chiropodist and they mistaked a diabetic ulcer for a verruca and cut it out now this person is going to have his foot amputated for there mistake!!

Morganator

Mrspuddle said:
Duct tape works a treat! Seriously worked for me when the freezing option from the doc left me with a nasty infection! Lots of websites with info on how to use it

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I can vouch for this, my podiatrist gave me a roll of tape and it worked wonders. It was like the sticky bandage they use for ankles & wrists.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App