D D D, Dear ( Diabetes) Diary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello :wave:

I thought it might be a good to start a 'Dear Diary' thread. It's for members to write a letter or a quick note about how they feel about their diabetes. Good, bad, funny or sad, use this to let it all out.

Dear diary

After 24 long years of you constantly needling me, I've had enough and now and I am asking for a divorce, yes, you heard, a divorce. I don't want to be around you anymore and had to write and let you know how I really feel about you. Sorry to be so blunt,and it may have come as big shock, but it's how I really feel.............. and TBH, I really don't care :D

RRB

SpaceChick

Dear diary,

Why did you have to hide? You should have let me know that you were there sooner. Knowing that you are a friend of the family, I should have guessed you'd want to stay with me. I just wished I knew you were there sooner before you got spiteful at my not noticing you and you damaging my liver.

I know you are there now, and I want us to work through things. I am accepting you with open arms on one condition, don't do any more damage to anything else OK? I know when you were with my Grandfather you made him lose his leg and have 3 heart attacks, you were downright cruel to my mother making her heart fail at 46 leaving me and my sister without a Mum. I'm hoping you have learned your lesson and you won't be cruel to me if I respect you, and I promise I will. Hopefully now I am helping you with tablets, you'll allow my liver to recover, and I'm doing all the things you like, such as going on long bike rides and going swimming.

Oh and one more thing, don't go and stay with my sister, she has two little ones and I know you spend time with her husband. Her, nor her babies don't need you, OK! Stay with me, and we will work through this. I don't mind that you are here with me, honestly I don't, but you can't screw up my life.

Hope we understand each other.

Love
SpaceChick

(great thread idea RRB)

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Diary

After years of fighting with you you may have noticed that I am now winning the fight.
We have been through so much together and sometimes I admit you were way out in front but now its my turn.
This fight will go on between us for a long time yet but I will never give in

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear diabetes,

We've been together almost 6 months now. I've given it the best chance I could, but if I'm being truly honest it's just not working for me anymore. I can't help remembering how carefree my life was when I was with a fully functioning pancreas, before you moved in.

If you wouldn't mind leaving then maybe my pancreas would come back. I'm sorry it's has to end this way, but I really wasnt a fan when you showed up in the first place anyway!

Thanks,

Hale710

(I can dream eh? ;) )

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dear diary
Only had my diabetes for 2 1/2 years but if you insist on staying I will keep fighting you every day. At the start you did stop me doing/eating/drinking what I want to! Not anymore! decided if your hear to stay I will live my life normally but keep u at bay. Aided with my pump, insulin, wonderful support from my immediate family and new found pen pals here I will control you. You may win the odd battle occasionally as I have "glitches" from either takeaways/alcholic/excercise. But as I'm now living my life fully again and enjoying
All those things I thought I would have to stop I learn to guess your next move more and more correctly, I will continue to test/ adjust and I as I use this information and remember what happens for next I WILL WIN THE WAR!!!

Great thread again rrb :)

St4cey

Dear D D,

You have given me a lot to learn and think about over the past 8 months, thankfully with you being on an extended holiday (can you extend it for longer by the way, I am managing very well as I am thanks!) I have managed to get to grips with your presence gradually, although I know I'm in for a shock and whole new experience when you return from your 'honeymoon'.

I'm not happy that you have joined my life, I loved my carefree, spontaneous life of doing/eating/drinking what I wanted (ok so I know I was always relatively good with what I ate but I could still have guilt free treats!)

However, I have got some things to thank you for; if u were coming for me anyway, thank you for coming at 29 and not earlier, I have stopped smoking, I exercise more and eat better and got out of those size 14's into a nice 12 ;)

Finally, I'm good at what I aim to be good at so all these potential complications you have up your sleeve ain't coming out because you might make me frustrated, make me cry sometimes and be generally p**sed off sometimes but I will keep you in check and I will be in control ;)

See you when you return from your honeymoon!!

Your host
Stacey

(Cheers RRB!)

Netty70

Dear diary,

You have been with me since April I missed one of the most amazing days of my life my wedding day due to losing my eyesight for a month due to the large build up of sugar
My eyesight is now back to normal thankfully
Then three days after my wedding you took my dad
So you haven't been very nice up to now but I will keep plodding on and learning new things on here every day and reading about some truly amazing people
The stories above have already had the tears flowing
Love to you all

Great thread RRB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Saturday 24th August

Dear diary

Not bad glucose reading's today. Still weighing food though, made my daughter a jacket potato with tuna and mayo and decided it smelt SO good I would have one. Looked at the raw potatoes and I SO wanted the larger one, but I didn't, drat. The small to medium one was still nice with rocket salad and a banana and custard Muller yogurt. Lovely dinner, but......... ooohhh I could of murdered a great big plate of homemade vegetable curry with potatoes and lots of rice,yummmmmmmmmmmm :mrgreen: Still, at least I can dream of it, with no affect to my BS, yay.

RRB, over and out

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Robinredbreast said:
The small to medium one was still nice with rocket salad and a banana and custard Muller yogurt.

Just so we're clear on this.... The yoghurt wasnt ON the potato was it?!?!

elaine77

DDD and dear immune system,

How dare you turn on me?? I have never been ill or unhealthy or overweight and have always tried my best to look after you and yet you decide to attack me?? I appreciate I put you under an immense amount of stress last year but it wasn't intentional and now, thanks to you, I will never have a 'normal marriage' as I found out about u just after I got married.. I didn't even have a honeymoon but its ok for you to be on one? Do you know how horrible it is knowing you are going to finish your honeymoon at some point but that I won't know when it will be?? That I have to spend everyday waiting for your imminent arrival to the point where I feel like I am just existing and not living? I hope you enjoy ur honeymoon so much that it lasts for many years to come as I'm afraid we are going to have to go our separate ways if injections become involved and you leave me with no insulin at all.... This needs to stop now. Stop the attack and stay away.. I can cope with the damage you have already caused so long as you don't cause anymore...I can forgive you for your murderous quest so far as long as you promise to never do it again and to stop doing it immediately.... I hope we have come to some sort of understanding on the matter and that things can now be put to rest.....

Diagnosed with GD in 2010, Completely disappeared postpartum. Re-diagnosed December 2012 with type 1.5 diabetes, age 26, BMI 23 currently controlled by only Metformin, 500mg twice a day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hale710 said:
Robinredbreast said:
The small to medium one was still nice with rocket salad and a banana and custard Muller yogurt.

Doh :roll: I'm tired he he, but no, rest assured the yogurt was after the Jacket potato as a dessert :mrgreen: All this talk of food is making me hungry now :(

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Robinredbreast said:
hale710 said:
Robinredbreast said:

Doh :roll: I'm tired he he, but no, rest assured the yogurt was after the Jacket potato as a dessert :mrgreen: All this talk of food is making me hungry now :(

Oh good. I was about to start questioning your sanity!

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
Dear D D D
I'm glad you chose me 1st ( I've got a twin with you too ) But the new friends I've met are great and we all have you to blame ! Over the last 30 years you have shown me your good points and bad at the moment it's the latter but I'm no longer scared I'm enjoying my last 3 days before you take another swing at me but I've seen it coming this time and I'm going to be ready ! I'm not going to be a % on a graph the doctor uses yet so while I still have control of you I'm locking the door and keeping you in , going to see my grand child and remember how good life can be when your innocent and free from our cares , keep smiling and a happy face on and we will win the battle for another day
We are all worth it so never give in or up and as I've learned it's okay to ask for help and come back stronger just wish I had asked 20 years ago !
Take care all keith , x

Starting on the slow road to looking after my self doing small steps so I can feel the benefits before moving on ;) x

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Dear DDD,

I wish you would make your mind up. First we were to be together for life, then we drifted apart and you were gone for good. Now you are stalking me. I don't know where you are, just round the corner? Hiding in my next blood test? I sometimes think it would be easier to take you back, at least I know where I am then. But no. I am on a new path now. I have said goodbye, and I mean it. I will also tell as many friends as I can to be wary of you. :thumbdown:

tizzy

Dear ddd you are to high maintenance for me you stress me out all the time make me feel awfull pi55 of now and leave the chocolate behind

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear DD

You've run me ragged today with your indecisiveness. In future I would prefer it if we could stick to our usual schedule, it makes my working day a lot easier.

Many thanks,

A Tired Hale

TonyTruthful

Dear *******,

Today I slam dunked my finger onto a used needle. I was replacing the outer cap and missed. It bloody hurt! So thanks for that. Also, please let me wake up ‘alive’ tomorrow as I have a big meeting and wanted to wear my shirt with the bloodstains just near the belly button…you know the one

Your image isn’t a cool btw. The social inferiority with added embarrassment makes you look a twit. Maybe you could consider a look which is a little less toxic…how about a methamphetamine addict for instance? It’s probably a long shot but I’m sure the mortality rates are better.

Painfully yours,

Tony “doesn’t give a toss” Truthful.

P.s. you’re a ****.
:silent:

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
dear diary.
you have been with me for nearly 4yrs.
through you i have lost a toe & constantly under a podiatrist.
i have lost 4st & you are still here, well you must be with me for life,
so lets you & i get on But remember this whatever you throw at me I WILL FIGHT YOU & WIN.
you are not having it all your own way NO WAY,
thanks (rrb) destiny