Type 1 18+ Diabetic

I'm 19 years old and have had diabetes for 16 years!
Never spoke to someone my own age before with diabetes and would love to chat, share experiences etc.
I definitely feel like controlling my diabetes has got a lot harder over the years, especially my teens!
Feel free to get in touch because i would love to hear from others around about my age!

Caitlin x

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi! I'm 23, I've only been diagnosed about 6 weeks ago so I'm still working it out. I have 3 friends that are type 1 also and my age so I guess I'm quite lucky to have their support

Would be great to speak to you! Because I have just joined its not letting me use the private message app, so if yous can message me an email that would be great! :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've sent you a message, it doesn't show in my sent items though so in not sure if you've received it!

C

catherinecherub

caitlinmacrae94 said:
Would be great to speak to you! Because I have just joined its not letting me use the private message app, so if yous can message me an email that would be great! :D

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You have to make 5 posts before you can use the p.m. system.

heatherj

Hi Caitlin and others :)

I'm 22, have been type 1 since I was 10. Would be happy to talk to others, feel free to message me or reply here :)

Heather x

Hiya..I'm Mischa! Only just joined this forum, crazy how things like this exist! When I was little I thought diabetes was so rare. Had diabetes since I was 7 and am 17 now:) I've had so many up and down experiences including a diabetic coma! But seems like you have to just take each day as it comes :) xx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm going to make this reply valid to all people who have commented and comment in the future! Hi everyone, my name is Becky and I am 20 years old! I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes with I was 7 and I must say that at times it is harder to control your diabetes! I've had diabetes for 13 years and I am still learning.
If anyone fancies a chat please message me :) x

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To doctornayak - wow that is incredible :) I had one ear left of college (going into my 5th year) however I am so glad I waited I don't think I would have managed university and my diabetes back then - an extra three years at college and I don't regret it I have grown as a person and got a better gold on my diabetes now :) still a work in progress but yano... Anyways I'm hoping to get into university and I wish to pursue a career in paediatric nursing :)
It's great to speak to everyone :) if anyone wants to pm me I'll try and figure out how to reply haha x

Kerrin_geee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I'm 20 and was diagnosed with type 1 three months ago....definitely still getting my head around it! Would be great to talk to you all and I look forward to reading all your posts :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App