Sleeping

linsay

Hi everyone. Im just wondering what does everyone do with their pump when sleeping. Im having terrible trouble with it at night. Im quite a restless sleeper. Suggestions please. Thanks guys
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Usually like to have it on my arm using the arm strap and case. Depending on position I'm lying in just simply turn it on my arm. All the leads tucked in strap. If.any where else such as stomach, thigh clip on my boxers if wearing them. If not just leave it next to me.

iHs

Hi linsay

Not sure because of your frozen shoulder how you are sleeping but Ive found that just using a mobile phone sock and making a hole at one end and threading a loop of chord through the hole and hanging the pump around my neck when I go to bed stops the tube from winding itself around me when I turn. The chord loop can be made as long as you like. Also a cheap fabric sunglass bag with drawstring one end will also work (99p shops) if you cant get a mobile phone sock.

Lastly something that you should already have with any luck and that is a skin. If you put pump in skin and thread a length of thin ribbon through the 2 holes at the end of the skin and then make a loop and knot it, you can use the skin at night instead of sock.

linsay

Thanks guys. Yes the frozen shoulder is giving me a bit of hassle in the night. I will try the pouch as at the moment im wakening up all tangled. Its no good really. I do have a skin but I really dont like the feel of it. I Appreciate your help

iHs

Another pumper uses tubigrip (chemist) on her arm and just folds the tubigrip over the pump and sleeps ok like that although has a long tube attached to the pump to thread through clothing to where the set has been inserted. If you don't fancy the tubigrip on the arm, you could put it on your leg and be ok.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi linsay .

If ? your pump cannula is in your tummy area ?

Another pump user wears some big stretchy knickers in bed .
She collects all the tubing and tucks it into her knicker waistline plus the pump too.

She can wriggle about in her sleep - tangle free this way she declares !

Just another :idea: idea for you .

Anna .

iHs

anna29 said:
Hi linsay .

If ? your pump cannula is in your tummy area ?

Another pump user wears some big stretchy knickers in bed .
She collects all the tubing and tucks it into her knicker waistline plus the pump too.

She can wriggle about in her sleep - tangle free this way she declares !

Just another :idea: idea for you .

Anna .

These are great linsay..... Ive got some and they are really comfortable and don't show under jeans or tight fitting trousers and would be ideal to shove pump in along with the tubing

Google: Marlon Black Smooth Maxi Cotton/Lycra Knickers Size 12-14 (available in other sizes too)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I clip mine to my pjs with the tubing inside the pyjama bottoms. The pump is left in the case with the belt clip on it. Thought I'd find this uncomfortable but I don't surprisingly. Never had an issue with tangled tubing or pulling tubing out.

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
Hi. I use the thigh stretchy pump cover from Accuchek. Sounds strange I know but the pump cover is so stretchy it fits round my tummy. Stays put all night. Hope this helps

Tijn

Hello!
I always have my pump in my underwear. Never have problems with it. But i don't know where ur set is my set is on my stomach so easy to put in my underwear.

Tijn