Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol well done for trying, I couldn't cook toast 6 months ago and now im like a cooking nut, the biggest challenge for me at first was finding all the ingredients, clare above, whitbyjet and ewelinas posts are awesome and definatly recommend trying there recipes, please forgive me if I didn't mention you, your probly looking at f instead of c I basically halve the number and it seems to work out so if it says set oven at 320 I set it at 160 and so on, as for the fish (ack) no idea I don't eat fish but there are a zillion recipes out there and also on here, apart rom going back through this thread try searching "low carb recipes" on google, its so much fun, good luck

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
for the chicken you could try a chicken stir fry, use olive oil and beenshoots with some mixed veg they are great and easy and you get to do an impression of the chef from the muppets while you cook it :)

maggie2

This recipe came from my daughter in Aus. Thought they sounded yummy

Cheesy Eggplant Chips

Ingredients
■2 large eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
■1/4 cup crumbled cheese (I used feta but Parmesan would work beautifully as well)
■salt (where to buy)
■2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (where to buy)

Directions

Place a colander over your sink or a large bowl. I like this colander that can sit over my sink. Place the eggplant in the colander and salt each side of each piece of eggplant liberally to draw out the moisture from the eggplant.

Allow the eggplant to weep for about 30 minutes.

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Pat the eggplant dry with a dish cloth and then place on a half sheet pan. Drizzle the rounds with the olive oil.

Bake for about 30-40 minutes, flipping after about 20 minutes.

When the eggplant starts to brown, remove from the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Return the eggplant to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes until crisp.

WhitbyJet

maggie2 said:
This recipe came from my daughter in Aus. Thought they sounded yummy

Cheesy Eggplant Chips

Oh maggie, these are yummy, kids and their friends made 2 big trays full of them (we used bits of leftover cheese, think it was Feta, Wensleydale and cheddar) and they are all gone, thanks for posting x

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
Has anyone got any suggestions for a sauce I could add to stir fry chicken and veggies. I would be substituting rice with quinoa.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Claire87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Brain tumours
Low Carb Chocolate Dessert

This one might be a bit of a no-brainer. But since I just discovered it, I had to write down the recipe for any chocoholics out there. Here's a link to the recipe: Low Carb Chocolate Dessert Recipe

Enjoy :)

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Attachments

• carrot cake square male.jpg
    carrot cake square male.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,399

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Claire, I would love to try the Low Carb Chocolate Dessert recipe but when I went to Tesco's they do not sell the sugar free chocolate delight, any ideas please

Claire87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Brain tumours
diadeb said:
Hi Claire, I would love to try the Low Carb Chocolate Dessert recipe but when I went to Tesco's they do not sell the sugar free chocolate delight, any ideas please

Hi, I got mine from Tescos in York, but if they don't stock it, they can probably order it in for you. They do strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch and banana flavours. The other option is to try looking up sugar free angel delight. It's the same thing, so there's probably a way to get some online somewhere. I'd ask your Tescos to get some in though since it's their own brand. It's called Tescos Chocolate Delight - Sugar Free, and it's 35p per pack.

I hope this helps :)

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Right thanks Claire I will ask them to get some in, all that was there was "normal" chocolate delight and "normal" angel delight and I really want to try this dessert

ussefsaidi

Low carb diet to get started !

This should be your program every meal. Below is a sample of a Diet Plan to get you started:

Breakfast :
4 ozs. Juice
1 slice of bread toasted
2 eggs
8 oz. milk
1 tsp. butter or margarine

Lunch :
½ cup sliced cucumber on lettuce
mushroom and spinach omelet
1 slice bread
1 tsp. butter
½ cup canned vegetables (rinsed and drained well)
coffee or tea

Dinner :
1 cup homemade bouillon (to control salt)
1 beef chop grilled (fat trimmed)
½ cup cooked beets
½ cup cooked green beans
1 small salad with fat-free dressing
1 slice bread

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dear ussefsaidi, don't really know why you put that sample diet there, unless you were replying to someone about it but there are many foodstuffs included that I couldn't possibly eat as they raise my blood glucose levels i.e any commercially bought bread, juice presumably orange juice, cooked beets, 8 fluid oz milk and I would prepare fresh vegetables not canned and because I low carb I naturally eat a high fat diet

Reactions: 2 people

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello everyone, I have just tried the Soft Coconut Cake posted by WhitbyJet on page 16 and let me tell you if you like coconut then this cake is for you, it's soft, moist and fantastic. I was tied for time when I made it but next time I will make a frosting to go on top, I urge you to try and thanks WhitbyJet x

WhitbyJet

Bestest cheesecake

Crust:
100g Butter
150g ground almonds
50g ground pumpkin seeds
10g coconut flour
1 egg

Filling:
250g Quark
400g Philadelphia
sweetener to taste
15g coconut flour
4 eggs
scraped out vanila pod/vanilla powder
100g Blueberries

Gesamt: 88,9g KH
Pro Stück (bei 12 Stück): 7,4g KH

Mix all ingredients for the crust together, press into base and sides of your cake tin.

Mix together all the ingredients for the filling, but not the blueberries. Pour filling into the cake tin, now add blueberries, carefully stir through the mixture but dont stir the pastry bottom.

Bake in the preheated oven, 180C for 45 minutes, but remember ovens vary.

Pic: http://lchf.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6077#p204151

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
diadeb said:
Hello everyone, I have just tried the Soft Coconut Cake posted by WhitbyJet on page 16 and let me tell you if you like coconut then this cake is for you, it's soft, moist and fantastic. I was tied for time when I made it but next time I will make a frosting to go on top, I urge you to try and thanks WhitbyJet x
how much splenda did you use?

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
xAoifex, to be honest I didn't have any proper sweetener in the house as I no longer take it in tea or coffee but my Husband had Lidl's own make of sweeteners and I just added those. I used 15 and mixed in a little hot water to dissolve and added it to the mix and it turned out lovely, I'm sure any would do.

WhitbyJet

xAoifex said:
diadeb said:
how much splenda did you use?

Just use your preferred sweetener, taste the mixture and you cant go far wrong.

Kallyloo

Spanish Cottage Pie

Fry mince, onion and any low carb veggies (we use peppers, courgette and a little butternut squash if we have it). Add a shake of paprika, a pinch of low carb stock cube and any other seasonings to taste.
Optional but you can add a tablespoon of passata or a small squeeze of purée and a little water to the mince to create a sauce. We also add a small teaspoon of Discovery Fajita mix seasoning which is only a carb or so to add flavour.

Pour mince into a pie dish and top with seasoned sliced tomatoes, or tomatoes and spring onion slices, or tomatoes and chopped olives depending on preference. Place a few thin slices of chorizo on top of that and grate a little cheddar, or Parmesan or your favourite cheese over the dish.

Cook for 20 - 30 minutes, and if the chorizo is not as crispy as desired, flash under a grill if you have cooked in a suitable dish.

We serve it on top of salad which is not as nutty as it sounds, the mince wilts the salad nicely and Becomes almost the dressing.

There are many variations for this recipe, for Italian cottage pie add Italian seasonings and top with salami, or chopped Parma ham instead of chorizo.
Vegetarion version use soy mince or quorn and instead of chorizo add a thin layer of any cream cheese mixed with chives or sauted leeks and top with vegetarian cheddar.

For a kids version change the paprika for a little steak seasoning or omit and top with sliced ham chopped up or sliced hot dog or even a combination of both on top of the tomatoes and under the cheese.

Reactions: 2 people