List your food[s] you cant eat 'again'

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
Rice is the thing that really makes me spike and I really miss a big plate of chips. I only allow myself 5 or 6 now. I never had a sweet tooth but miss being able to have anything savoury without having to think about it in debth. My family always apologise to me when they're tucking into something I can't have. Don't know if this makes me feel worse or better :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
No Wheat, Gluten, Barley, Rye or Oats in any foods is an absolute no no, Coeliac Disease :thumbdown:
I do miss the taste of 'real' bread.

RRB

Hails333

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Any form of tortilla chip :( I love Doritos but they seem to cause my levels to go high bout 4 hours after eating. Other than that I think other than avoiding any sugary drink I'm all good!

Anneletoile

You could try making rice pudding using lactose free milk and a vanilla pod, if you must sweeten it use stevia. Custard too can be made this way.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Anneletoile said:
You could try making rice pudding using lactose free milk and a vanilla pod, if you must sweeten it use stevia. Custard too can be made this way.

OOOOOOH please tell me more !!!
Any recipes or step by steps how to do this .... :thumbup:

I am a rascal with my custardy things .
If there is a way I can safetly have this - you bet I will try it :D

Anna .

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Bread. Any shape any form. One slice of Bergen sent me up to 16. I will particularly miss Sainsbury's Taste the Difference cheese and black pepper muffins. I will also miss Gregg's chicken tikka baguette... which was my payday lunchtime treat.

Maryland cookies. I was never a biscuit fan, but I did like the occasional maryland cookie. I seem to be able to eat rich tea fingers, as I tested one the other day... but I probably wouldn't bother because they are a totally pointless biscuit!

Rice. Risotto. Pasta. All the usual carb loaded foods.

saloplass

Belly Pork [lean] marinated in honey, red wine vinegar and chilli dipping sauce - then baked next day. Sauce poured over rice with veg bits in it. OOOh I just love this and warm home made bread. Now the family all say no :!: they are good at supporting me, but they miss out too as I had to stop making it to stop eating it.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
for those of you missing pizza google cauliflower pizza base! no need to miss it this is just as good if not better!!

susy23

Any of the white carbohydrates....bread, pasta, rice etc. I miss roasted cheese on a big slice of fresh white bread, rice & fruit scones! Dont really miss pasta or potatoes though for some strange reason. Sometimes have couple squares of dark chocolate after a meal as a treat although i never used to have a sweet tooth.

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness; Ageism;Rain&Cold.
Oranges seem a no go for me and I love them - had a huge craving from when I was pregnant 40 years ago!
All the lovely smelling French baguettes here do nothing for me - it shows after 30years no gluten it works!
But oranges or orange juice ??? Where also can I find out about cantoloupe melon? We used to have with a glass
of pineau or brandy inside of half - cant have that I suppose?
:cry:

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ps Definately not pregnant again - may be newly married but am 65 :)

littlelin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Robinredbrest, that used to be my nickname at school AND I'm Coeliac too - bit of a pain isnt it?

mkayla2188

I can't eat sweet and sour or any sort of Chinese food to be truthful, sweet chilli sauce, bananas, pizza. Or white bread and pasta , garlic bread these are some of the main things that's me me sick oh also coffee x

MarathonMan81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
White baguette. Demolished a whole one for lunch yesterday and come dinner time my BG was 14 :lol:

elaine77

Baguettes and chips :'( :'( gutted

Diagnosed with GD in 2010, Completely disappeared postpartum. Re-diagnosed December 2012 with type 1.5 diabetes, age 26, BMI 22 currently controlled by only Metformin, 500mg twice a day.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
yoguart normal ones with fruit in i can not have anymore as there is lots of sugar in them.
so i have strawberries, rasperries ect & poor plain yoguart over them much lower in sugar.

srm100841

Hiya,

How much time do you have.......

Bread;
Cakes;
Rice;
Pasta;
Potatoes (other than 1/2 roast perhaps on Sunday);
Milk (other than the rare amount of full cream);
Limited amounts of all carbohydrates of all sorts;
Cereals.

Permanently I maintain a low carb diet (circa 50gms daily). This keeps my readings below 6 pre-breakfast, pre-lunch and pre-dinner. Similarly with random testing provided I don't test within 2 hours of meals.

I was diagnosed in 2002 but think that I was diabetic some 10 years earlier. I'm Type 2 and take 40mgs Gliclazide daily plus an aspirin and blood pressure control tablet daily. Before I discovered low carb diet I was taking 320gms Gliclazide daily.

My greatest weakness is that I do enjoy a few drinks and my favourite tipple is beer which I'm afraid is high in carbs. Just one can a day now. How the mighty have fallen!!!!!!!!

Steve

cazp51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
moaning
mine is red meats and eggs that have really bad effects on me .