pick pocket....

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bet they thought they were nicking a phone or something.....bet they got a shock when they saw what it was!! :crazy:

Sorry to hear about that. Have you gone back around where it happened? Maybe when they realised what it was it may be dumped somewhere as it wouldn't be a lot of use to sell on.

Regards
Angie

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
kerrycakes said:
i had my gloucose meter taken from my bag....am really gutted... :(

That bad news ! Sorry to hear that. Do you have a spare ? Most companies will supply a free one if you call them and tell them you use their strips. Worth a try. Good luck.
Mo

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
kerrycakes said:

that's REALLY LOW! :evil: What possible use could they have for it ?? :thumbdown: I hope you can access a replacement quickly

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My cousin had a handbag stolen once. She texted her phone and explained she is a diabetic and needed the kit in the bag. They agreed to dump it in a bin near where it was stolen from, minus her phone and money etc of course! So at least she got her pens and BG meter back.

It's a low blow to target the meter directly though!

H

Hooked

Hope you reported the buggers to the police! :evil:
The local media might be interested in doing a piece about your kit being stolen. May guilt the thieves into not doing it again, or even returning it.

kerrycakes

Thats a good idea Hooked.....might send them an email....unfortunatly we only have a weekly newspaper, so it cant be a straight away thing....but definatly worth a try....i just feel deflated now, and kinda violated that someone would put their hand in my bag like that, and take something that i rely on....luckily i am type 2, so i'm not likely to miss a hypo, but i am still uncontrolled, so still need it like real regularly :( oh well. :thumbdown:

elaine77

I'm with hooked, I would defo try and make people aware of this and perhaps make them think twice in the future...

I would be inclined to say they thought it was something else but looking at all of the angry type 2s on here who are being denied strips well...u never know lol! Just joking...I would hope that if they knew what they were taking they would have thought twice about taking it....

Diagnosed with GD in 2010, Completely disappeared postpartum. Re-diagnosed December 2012 with type 1.5 diabetes, age 26, BMI 22 currently controlled by only Metformin, 500mg twice a day.

kerrycakes

I've put a post on our city page on fb in the hope that if it has been dumped and someone has picked it up in curiosity....also gonna email our paper. Gonna make as much fuss as i can about it. Thanks guys, you have given me ideas i would not have thought of!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you have a local radio station you never know they may be interested or at least put a call out for anyone finding it
CAROL

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good ideas here. If nothing else it raises awareness!

fortion

sad to hear but i fell bad for thieves hahahah they will have so much expectation.

mo1905 said:
kerrycakes said:

That bad news ! Sorry to hear that. Do you have a spare ? Most companies will supply a free one if you call them and tell them you use their strips. Worth a try. Good luck.
Mo

i dont think there is any kind of offer...