waiting time at hospital

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
I'm getting eye surgery in the morning 1st thing so becouse I live quite a distance been asked to come the day before arrived at 10am this morning got drops in and a tube for a drip and was taken to a seat that was 7 hours ago and im still sitting :( how long should it take to find me a bed or is this the norm for Aberdeen ?
If it was not to improve my quality of life I would go home ! Yes they know im still sitting as I got dinner !

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keith300-01 said:
I'm getting eye surgery in the morning 1st thing so becouse I live quite a distance been asked to come the day before arrived at 10am this morning got drops in and a tube for a drip and was taken to a seat that was 7 hours ago and im still sitting :( how long should it take to find me a bed or is this the norm for Aberdeen ?
If it was not to improve my quality of life I would go home ! Yes they know im still sitting as I got dinner !

I went in the day before for mine In Aberdeen. I arrived at 2pm and my bed was there immediately!

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
Been told it should be ready for 8pm at least I've had supper blood is 9.4 so is doing fine like the nurse know its not their fault good to hear your on the mend sure I will be fine after a sleep and an opp in the morning keeping me for 2 days though :/

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh that is a right pain! As you say, not the nurses fault. They were really great with me when I was there.

I hope all goes well with the op!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Keith300-01 said:
Been told it should be ready for 8pm at least I've had supper blood is 9.4 so is doing fine like the nurse know its not their fault good to hear your on the mend sure I will be fine after a sleep and an opp in the morning keeping me for 2 days though :/

Hi Keith :wave: oh you have had a wait haven't you. As I'm writing this you should be by your bed? hopefully.

I wish you well and I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending you lots of good wishes for a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

(((((((( HUGS))))))))))

RRB :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Helo kith hope ouy op went well I am home safe ad sound.
Sendung ots og good wishes for a quick and healtby recovdry take god care
RRB x

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
hello keith. hope all went well with your op @ you did not wait much longer for that bed.
god bless & good luck to you

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
hi all sorry ive not been on im still in hosptal not enough presure in my eye drops in all the time but apart from slight ketones all has been great hope to get out tonight :) x keith.

Keith300-01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Strong wind
Made it home today eyes very sore sleeping a lot blood is under 10 , have to go back in next week as my left eye is in the surgeon's words "soft" right eye is getting better as it just got laser but they want to take me back in end of September to sort it as well , but still glad to be home and I know what to expect next time ;) x keith .

Starting on the slow road to looking after my self doing small steps so I can feel the benefits before moving on ;) x