Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
rizzo said:
Netty70 said:
My wee quite often smells like sugar puffs I put this down to my sugar being high maybe ??
Mad subject :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I used to get that a lot years ago - way before I was diagnosed as diabetic.

I still don't know what caused it.

Too much sugar in the blood, overflows into the kidneys... the kidneys then dump this sugar into the bladder, which then flows out in your urine... too much sugar in urine can induce thrush / thrush like symptoms, which is a yeast infection.

sparkyrich

nopudanymore said:
I don't know why, but mine sometimes smells like sugar puffs - and I don't eat sugar puffs!

Reminds me of the best man at a mates wedding who asked the mother of the bride..."You know when you shave your foo-foo... Does it look like a sugar puff?"

If looks could've killed... But so. so funny!

rizzo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ConradJ said:
rizzo said:
Netty70 said:
My wee quite often smells like sugar puffs I put this down to my sugar being high maybe ??
Mad subject :)

I used to get that a lot years ago - way before I was diagnosed as diabetic.

I still don't know what caused it.

Too much sugar in the blood, overflows into the kidneys... the kidneys then dump this sugar into the bladder, which then flows out in your urine... too much sugar in urine can induce thrush / thrush like symptoms, which is a yeast infection.

This makes me wonder then...how long have I been diabetic? :***:

375lindyloo

The fish thing affects me too and also I sweat it out as well! Nice! As long as you are aware of it you can work around it. The sickly sweet smell is your body frantically trying to dump excess blood sugars and the Sugar Puff smell could be the same as not everyone is alike. Having said that I know people who eat Sugar Puffs who get that smell too!