Data advice please

sinbad805

Dislikes
having to find my way around somewhat opaque websites to ask simple questions, e.g. how to post a question
Hi,
I trust I am addressing this in the right area, forgive me if I am not.
I am a newly diagnosed diabetic and even newer member.
I seek advice regarding the operation of the AccuChek Performa glucose monitor:
1. Is its infra-red data transfer component compatible with the common infra-red ports found on Windows XP and Windows 7 computers, e.g. the much cheaper and transferable plug-in USB 1.1 or USB 2 IrDA port? and
2. Can the Performa's data download be read by, say, Excel or other data manager without accessing Roche's 360 degrees software application?
Regards
Sinbad805

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The AccuChek Performa is quite an old meter system (the handbook shows as 2006) though its still available. Most modern meters connect using usb the Performa requires the old style infra red adaptor and software.

I looked into some alternative freeware software to down load the results but this still required the need for the Accu Chek connection adaptors. I would look into the Accu Chek mobile as that has built in (limited functions though) that allows you to print off reports and if I remember correctly you can get the data off the meter as a CSV file which you can import into spread sheet format.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
sinbad805 said:
Hi,
I trust I am addressing this in the right area, forgive me if I am not.
I am a newly diagnosed diabetic and even newer member.
I seek advice regarding the operation of the AccuChek Performa glucose monitor:
1. Is its infra-red data transfer component compatible with the common infra-red ports found on Windows XP and Windows 7 computers, e.g. the much cheaper and transferable plug-in USB 1.1 or USB 2 IrDA port? and
2. Can the Performa's data download be read by, say, Excel or other data manager without accessing Roche's 360 degrees software application?
Regards
Sinbad805

Hello Sinbad805

I have relocated your post and set you up with your own thread here .

This will hopefully generate more replies for you :thumbup:

Anna.

sinbad805

Dislikes
having to find my way around somewhat opaque websites to ask simple questions, e.g. how to post a question
pav said:
The AccuChek Performa is quite an old meter system (the handbook shows as 2006) though its still available. Most modern meters connect using usb the Performa requires the old style infra red adaptor and software.

I looked into some alternative freeware software to down load the results but this still required the need for the Accu Chek connection adaptors. I would look into the Accu Chek mobile as that has built in (limited functions though) that allows you to print off reports and if I remember correctly you can get the data off the meter as a CSV file which you can import into spread sheet format.

Pav,
Many thanks.
You response leads me to another question, if you can bear with me, Observing how the AccuChek Mobile seems to have no built-in infra-red or USB connection, how important is it anyway to download its data directly into a computer? Maybe manual keyboard entry is just as good?
sinbad805

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The mobile has a usb port on the left hand side of the meter. I just plug it in to the PC where it treats the mobile as a ext drive, you then double click the start html icon and the reports come up on screen where you can view and print data up to 90 days. The other option is to save the data to your PC (opens up excel on my PC) but its displayed as raw data.

Its pretty basic when compared with other meter software, but its does the job, if you want the full blown software you have to buy the Accu Chek 360, which at the moment I have not done, so can't comment on what that is like.

sinbad805

Dislikes
Pav,
Again, many thanks. That USB port makes the Mobile much more attractive, to me, than the Performa I have in hand.
I started monitoring for the first time with the Perfoma last night and before breakfast this morning, with pleasing (i.e. 5.8 and 5.5) numbers that I will keep logging into an Excel file, at least for the time being.
Meanwhile, I'll reseach the Mobile availability here in Sydney.
Sinbad805