Who are they?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
izzzi said:
Rita Hayworth on the bike,

You are correct. There is absolutely no doubt that it is Rita Hayworth on the bike since I have now seen a photograph of her on it when she did some publicity advertising the bike in question. The bloke wasn't in the photo though.

I have researched any number of candidates and come up with nothing so I will try again tomorrow and then burst into tears.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tears, waterfalls from me. that guys vest, the symbol is some kind of clue. ( Olympic or something )
where is Zola, help
good night everyone
Roy :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to take a stab at this but I don't think I am right, or I can't prove it at least.

Leonard Bernstein in the foreground with Rita Hayworth's legs on the bike.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Tonight my fellow quizzlings I do not have the faintest idea.

He looks familiar but all the clues as usual are going way over my head.

I shall look forward to the inevitable ending and am not upset at all that I won't be in the running for a coverted Gold Cup.

( Yeah right..... )

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
'Morning all :wave:

pba_zps5704fdc9.jpg

left.png

Keep trying folks. :thumbup:

willie. :D

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is a really hard one Willie. That last clue lead me to Johnny Weismuller aka Tarzan. Was looking at Edgar Rice Burroughs first and came across a pic of Mr Weismuller.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK so it's Johnny Weissmuller and Rita Hayworth.

I knew that.

Attachments

• PIN.jpeg
    PIN.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 836

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Thundercat and Squire....I do believe you've got it.

Well done !!

( Zola cries into her porridge...)

Is that a rolled up sock in his swimsuit??

Attachments

• imagesCAKPTS5E.jpg
    imagesCAKPTS5E.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 829

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit defeat again,
I did see Johnny Weissmuller in my search but was to busy looking at the wrong symbol on the vest and ignored the clue to "zone in on the face".

At least I know a decent leg when I see one or 2, and I was in the right direction with the Olympic theme.

This was another Willie classic. great fun.
images

Roy. :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
zolabud said:
Thundercat and Squire....I do believe you've got it.

I am left wondering if I got anything there. I needed every clue and every bit of help that was available.

The only thing I can claim is when I become certain it usually means that I have found the photograph and confirmed my answer. I did that here but there is something odd. I found two separate photo's for confirmation but Rita Hayworth did the publicity for that bike at about the time she was making a film called Music in my Heart in 1940.

Johnny Weismuller was born around 1904. Am I to believe that the person in the photo is 36 years old??

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Willie,you obviously go to a lot of trouble with each picture and providing us with VERY cryptic clues.

Thanks from me for making this a wonderful thread.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Things are getting clearer now. I stole this from Wikipedia:-

"As a teen Weissmuller attended Lane Technical College Prep High School before dropping out to work various jobs including a stint as a lifeguard at a Lake Michigan beach. While working as an elevator operator and bellboy at the Illinois Athletic Club, Weissmuller caught the eye of swim coach William Bachrach. Bachrach trained Weissmuller and in August 1921,"

So, Illinois Athletic Club which may explain the logo I.A.C on Peter/Johnnies vest and in 1921 (When Rita was 5 years old). Methinks that someone is trying wear out his Photoshop prog.

I had suspicions when Jimmy Carter suddenly started to part his hair on the right, and of course there were all those elephants behind Angela Lansbury. She was in the costume/make up from Sampson and Delilah and I don't remember elephants.

It's a bit of a giveaway when Weissmuller appears to be on a telly. As I say, things are getting clearer.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Johnny Weismuller was born around 1904. Am I to believe that the person in the photo is 36 years old??

Squire, I think the photo was taken in Paris 1924 or Amsterdam 1928.

I am still gutted that I saw the photo and spent time looking for a symbol.

Roy the plonker. :)