Hi type 2

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Been to see the dn I have been put on metaformin I asked about the sr ones but she wasn't interested she says I had to try these ones for a couple of weeks I'm dreading starting them incase I get a upset stomach I can't take anymore time off work

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

debs6566

Hi Scott welcome try not to be scared. Its an awful lot to take in and it takes time .I have been diagnosed for 2 months and am still trying to get my head around it. Trying different foods and what suits will become easier. Once you know how your handling your diabetes you wont have to got to the docs very often - if you explain to your surgery that you have just started a job im sure they will sort out convenient appointments. If not possible have a word with the human resources department at your work if they have one and they should be able to help. You have a medical condition and if your able to control it well in whatever way then you will remain healthy and wont have to have time off. The eye drops don't hurt you just need your sunglasses as everything is bright. Your eyesight is important so you owe yourself once a year to keep them healthy. If your worried or peed off just post on here or send a personal message. Take care :thumbup: