Blood Monitors Compared

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too use the SD codefree and have done so since diagnosis. I had a few issues with it recording a tad high and tried another make but, as none of the meters available to us are 100% accurate and I only wanted comparison levels to use as a basis for food choices, I decided why pay more than you have to for the strips unless you need to base your medication on the results.

jleafe

Re: Diabetes.co.uk Toolbar Launched!!!

I see you're planning to release for Firefox. Any plans for Google Chrome? :D

colinrim

Re: A guide to blood glucose monitors.

I was going to buy the SD one but a bit of research showed that these were prone to 'over reading' so decided that it may be more prudent to buy one which would give 'persistant correct results' even if the cost is more......

Napolyon1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I found a big difference between beyer contour & accucheck mobile at times they don't come close!

Napolyon1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Farmerfudge there is a blood monitor you can plug into an apple iPhone made by BG. Only problem with it, it's rather expensive. Boots sell them by the way.

Reactions: pjayem1964

MYY

I use the Breeze 2 from Bayer. I use to use the Glucocard 2 but no more of that.

10 strips in a disk 5 seconds results very user friendly.

Would recommend to anyone with diabetes.

hat-tip.gif
to Bayer

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Napolyon1 said:
Farmerfudge there is a blood monitor you can plug into an apple iPhone made by BG. Only problem with it, it's rather expensive. Boots sell them by the way.
Farmerfudge last logged on in 2009! :lol:

Ronin

I have an Accu Chek compact plus and it is really good, with everything contained neatly in one package. I was also given a Bayer Contour XT, and for free its good, but all the bits are separate, so it's a bit of a faff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DCUK Forum mobile app

JMM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not many.
Hi. Having been Type 1 for 4years, I have had no trouble with obtaining meters or supplies until recently. About a year ago, I acquired a Breeze 2 meter which I found ideal, but for the last 3 months obtaining test strips has been difficult. I contacted Bayer who assure me there isn't a problem with them, but I am wondering if my Pharmacy has a directive from my GP to limit them. Is anyone else having trouble or should I go back to Accu -Check?

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a freestyle freedom lite, a contour xt and the iBGstar. The Contour gives me too many test strip errors to even bother using any more, and consistantly reads about .75 mmol higher than the freestyle. The iBGstar consistantly reads 2mmol higher than the Freestyle and also gets a fair few strip errors. For me the Freestyle seems to work best, I suspect it may be reading lowish but at least I never get strip errors and it needs a smaller blood sample than the others

straygaijin

I have a freestyle lite, a contour Link, the iBGstar, contour Next USB, freestyle Insulinx, VerioIQ, Twist, nano and a few other ones that I have tried.

The iBGStar is consistently higher than all the other meters and I don't bother with it anymore.
Contour Link and the Insulinx are both reasonably accurate but too bulky for carrying around.

I tend to use the Next USB, the VerioIQ and the Freestyle lite all the time , whichever one is closest to hand and I am happy with the results from all three, but if I had to pick a single one to us all the time it would be the Freestyle lite. The size makes it easy to use anywhere, the amount of blood needed is the smallest of all the meters I have and the light is useful in low light/darkness.

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
I have just recieved the verioIQ and the results are quite different from the freestyle optium. Im going to the chemists in the morning to hopefully pick up the new strips and lancets. Do u think that I should worry about the differences in the levels given on these two machines or just stick to the new one? Im very confused right now! :-\

leadingjo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
diabetes
I love my contour usb but I am not longer able to use it as I can't get those test strips on prescription

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
I started with an Accu-chek aviva nano and I think it's great. I also use a GlucoRX Nexus which is also great. I didn't realise machines could differ so much in their readings. I might start testing simultaneously on two meters to see what my differences are.

John_ch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a lot!
I use the onetouch ultra2 as my main meter and the ultra easy as a back up. I also have the Glucomen lx plus, will keep that one for testing ketone levels if I need too.
I find the finger pricker from the Ultra2 to be the best.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
I've got a different array of meters so that If I should get some bargain strips I'll have a meter to use them on
That's just my silly way
:blackeye: