Snack suggestions

dm1983

Still medication free 6 months after diagnosis and will not have another review now for 6 months instead of 3.

Still trying to get my weight down a wee bit more, so have been trying to have smaller meals and cut out some dodgier snacks such as toast.

What would folk suggest as reasonable, small, snacks to have?

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
suehat said:
Nuts are great except I have them with giant chocolate buttons too :-|

Then try lindt 90% cocoa chocolate broke into pices its thin any way and is suposidly not too bad for 6ou in small quantities. I bought a bar last week but haven't dared to open it just incase I cant stop.its sat in my fridge calling to me as we speak. Oh guess I'll have to finish of the sugar free jelly . Eating a full jelly every day lol but only eating 15 grms carbs or usually well under per day so need somthing to feel full on and you can have as much as you want :thumbup:

Netty70

whompa73 said:
suehat said:
Nuts are great except I have them with giant chocolate buttons too :-|

Then try lindt 90% cocoa chocolate broke into pices its thin any way and is suposidly not too bad for 6ou in small quantities. I bought a bar last week but haven't dared to open it just incase I cant stop.its sat in my fridge calling to me as we speak. Oh guess I'll have to finish of the sugar free jelly . Eating a full jelly every day lol but only eating 15 grms carbs or usually well under per day so need somthing to feel full on and you can have as much as you want :thumbup:

Ooooo am lovin sugar free jelly with lots of frozen berries obviously defrosted first lol put in the jelly while setting YUMMY

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol Sugar Free jelly must be the type 2 food of choice. I hated jelly pre-diagnosis, and now it's the only sweet thing in my life, so I'm wolfing the stuff down! Sugar free jelly topped with sugar free dream topping is my favourite (and only) dessert.

Netty70

luceeloo said:
Lol Sugar Free jelly must be the type 2 food of choice. I hated jelly pre-diagnosis, and now it's the only sweet thing in my life, so I'm wolfing the stuff down! Sugar free jelly topped with sugar free dream topping is my favourite (and only) dessert.

Mmm :)

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
+1for the sugar free jelly. It's unbelievably sweet. Also I like a few almonsa ro munch on.

vez13

I am also loving the sugar free jelly! berries and sugar free jelly are lovely!

Also a handful of nuts is a good snack. for summer months and a treat try frozen sugar free jelly in icecube trays, little sugar free ice lolly =)

vez13

they sell it it all supermarkets and shops, various flavours too.... if your on a diet they also sell weight wathers branded sugar free jelly

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Get mine from ASDA, its the hartleys stuff that you mix with 1/2 pint boiling water from the kettle then add cold water up to the pint level, then put it in the fridge. It has always set well for me.

Hazehkm

Seriously - make apple chips! They are ridiculously easy to make and it's like having crisps but beats the sweet craving too without any added sugar or anything like that. It's just purely whatever is in the apple. I absolutely LOVE them - and you feel like you're having something way more calorific than you are! Guilt free munchies! :D

I make mine in the oven: baking sheet, greaseproof paper, spray of 1 cal spray to stop them sticking, then slice your apple of choice thinly and put a single layer on the baking sheet. (It's a good idea to commandeer the oven for this and do several layers at once as trust me - one won't be enough!). Sprinkle some cinnamon powder over them and pop in the oven - 100 degrees C for an hour. After an hour, flip them and put back in for 1 - 2 hours (depends how much they crisp up - it takes a while but it crisps them up without burning them). Take them out and munch!!

They can also be done in the microwave if you have a special tray to cook them on - no idea on timings yet though as not tried it myself.

They are amazing!

the east man

Dislikes
having to think about everything I eat
A big dollop of fresh double cream on top of the jelly realy sets it off. Yum Yum