Blood Type Poll

Blood Type And Dietary Management????

• Blood Type O - using low carb succesfully?

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Blood Type O - using moderate carb successfully?

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Blood Type O - using high carb successfully?

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Blood Type A - using low carb successfully?

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Blood Type A - using moderate carb successfully?

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Blood Type A - using high carb successfully?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood Type B - using low carb successfully?

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Blood Type B - using moderate carb successfully?

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Blood Type B - using high carb successfully?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
I recall years ago seeing some so-called "fad" diet which concerned aiming to eat foods from a selected group - based on your own blood type. I looked at it (being overweight for years, I would've tried anything haha) ... and it said that my blood type (very normal O rh + ) was most suited to a highly carnivorous diet ... as a vegetarian for 20 odd years I just cast aside that notion and carried on eating the "healthy high carb low fat" diet touted by all and sundry.

It occured me lately (being diabetic now for nearly 4 months and choosing to assume a reduced carb diet in order to achieve lower BGs) that perhaps diabetes and diet may in fact be related to blood type after all ...

My theory would be that O types with diabetes would be most suited to low-carbing (in terms of successful reduction of BGs)

Right now, it's a theory ... so I wondered if it would be possible to conduct a simple poll just to get some further input? Specifically relating to the intake of carbohydrates.

So, perhaps it might be interesting for us all to conduct a short information study on this subject?

Many thanks for any participation :)

All the best, Jem xoxoxox

POLL

By successfully, I mean achieving good hba1c results and managing weight with satisfaction.
There are limited number of options available so I have chosen 3 main blood types and offered 3 options for each ... hopefully this might give me some food for thought :)

Thanks again :)

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
Sue, I've added the poll now! and in under 5 minutes YAY go-me! lol ... thanks babe xxx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Jem,
I think I'm O+, but not absolutely sure. I did it myself at school in the days when Health And Safety police allowed that sort of experiment. (I was the teacher, not a pupil, but we used to let kids do it too. Before HIV and infectious Hepaptits alphabet!

Jenny

You are almost guaranteed success unless there is something about diabetes that attracts it to a particular blood group. Forty-six percent of the population are group O. Forty-two percent are group A. Groups B and AB account for 9 percent and 3 percent respectively.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
About 86%% of people are rH positive and about 50% have the A factor, either as group A or AB. the B factor is rarest in people of European descent and commonest in Oriental.It's all fascinating, but many conditions may be linked to it.

Jem

Dislikes
in response to Hana's good advice, I've changed to (thus far unvoted) group AB to B as I'm advised it's more common ... thanks so far for the inputs, I find statistics fascinating ... then, it's my job, being a statistitian ... try saying that when you've had a few!

THANKS!

Jem xox

Trinkwasser

hanadr said:
About 86%% of people are rH positive and about 50% have the A factor, either as group A or AB. the B factor is rarest in people of European descent and commonest in Oriental.It's all fascinating, but many conditions may be linked to it.

AFAICR here is/was a geographical distribution of blood types still throughout the UK depending which lot of invaders we were descended from, and that does knock on to differing disease incidences, but I thought this particular dietary information had been discredited.

Interesting concept though.

Thirsty

sleepylu, as long as your diabetes is well controlled, then yes, you can. It's probably worth asking your doctor if it's advisable.

For Jem, I'm O rh-

rogbert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winter
I am AB + which you dont seem to have also I don't follow a low or high diet

Jem

Dislikes
BASIC ANALYSIS

The results would seem to show that more people on this site use "moderate" carb diets rather than low or high.

Low carbers account for 28% of respondents, moderate carbers 62% and high carbers for just 10% of the total.

B types are evenly spread over their dietary choices.

With O types, twice as many people use moderate carbs as do low carbs.

For A types more than two third of respondents use a moderate carb approach, which was the most notable trend reported.

Overall, nothing showed up that we didn't really expect, but thank you so much for taking part!

By the way, type AB lost out I'm afraid because there were limited spaced for poll option, sorry about that!

Cheers, Jem xox

PS the lad is much better now thanks, he's well ont he road to recovery :) thanks for all your concerns :) xxxxxxx

C

catherinecherub

Thanks for that Jem.
Glad to hear your son is getting better. I know when my kids were ill I wanted to change places with them to ease their suffering.
Regards, Catherine.

Jem

Dislikes
I did offer to do a body swap but unfortunately, nobody was available to do the procedure. It is the single worst feeling to see your kid in that kind of pain ... so glad it's (touch wood) finally done with now! thank you xxx

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
household of A rh neg, were rare in every way possible :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suzi x