hba1c not too bad ?

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Just picked up my first hba1c results ready for nurse fri morning they where 102 my first thoughts given they are from when I did not know I was diabetic was that although high there not too too bad and I hsve already mad massive improvements since test. I know its 11.5 % but what is it in standard mmol/l as according to my meter? Cheers

Mireille

whompa73 said:
Just picked up my first hba1c results ready for nurse fri morning they where 102 my first thoughts given they are from when I did not know I was diabetic was that although high there not too too bad and I hsve already mad massive improvements since test. I know its 11.5 % but what is it in standard mmol/l as according to my meter? Cheers

I reckon it's your ABV.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Hi James!

According to the converter it equates to an average blood glucose level of 15.7 mmol/l BUT it is early days so your next one will be valuable to compare how well you're doing.

Best

Paul

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Mireille said:
whompa73 said:

I reckon it's your ABV.

Are you for real ? :shock:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
15.7, which is pretty high. How is your diet?

Mireille

paul-1976 said:
Mireille said:
whompa73 said:

I reckon it's your ABV.

Are you for real ? :shock:

100% :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
yes that number is pretty high mate but with the changes you have already made and your recent meter numbers that will fall like a stone dont worry, keep up the good work

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andy12345 said:
whats ABV? i thought it was a typo

Acronym,Alcohol by volume which is a poor taste joke considering the thread and I reported a member(who has thankfully left!) just the other week for making an alcohol related dig at the OP.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
whompa73 said:
dawnmc said:
15.7, which is pretty high. How is your diet?
My diet had now been rectified ;-)

Keep up the good work James and as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day" and my worst hbA1c was 14.1% in 2012 but that is just a distant memory now and I'm sure it's onwards and upwards for you too! :thumbup:

Best

Paul

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
*cough* yeah thats right *splutter* i was 12.6 *sniff* *cough* and look at *cough* me im fi...........

hehe :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andy12345 said:
*cough* yeah thats right *splutter* i was 12.6 *sniff* *cough* and look at *cough* me im fi...........

hehe :)

LOL!!

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Was I ment to be offended by abv and if so why? . I very rearly drink (although I am going to a bike rally this weekend so will have to renage on that slightly for a few days ) but apart from a couple or rallies and a couple of parties a year I dont drink . Its just never been one of my things. And even when I do have a drink I dont drink that much I know when iv had enought and can have a good time without feeling sick or getting a hangover. Does that make me realy boring?

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
whompa73 said:
Was I ment to be offended by abv and if so why? . I very rearly drink (although I am going to a bike rally this weekend so will have to renage on that slightly for a few days ) but apart from a couple or rallies and a couple of parties a year I dont drink . Its just never been one of my things. And even when I do have a drink I dont drink that much I know when iv had enought and can have a good time without feeling sick or getting a hangover. Does that make me realy boring?

Not boring at all and sensible! :thumbup: