Low car & sugar free products.

stu shaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politicians
Hi

Just put this message on the new member section , obviously not the right place .

I recently came across a web site offering low carb & low or zero sugar products

CARBLIFE Ltd ( ATKINS DIET PRODUCTS )

Just want to know has anyone tried them and if so what are your views , they are a bit pricy and I would appreciate any feedback before giving them a try .

Stu Shaw.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Re: Low car & sugar free products.

i admit to eating the atkins bars but i buy them from the supermarket, i say admit because i think they are probly frowned upon due to them being low carb but full of toxic junk, but they are my weekness and low carb lol so the junk is easier to be in denial about, i do get the squirts if i eat 2 in succession tho, after saying all this i dont know if this is what you meant lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

stu shaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politicians
Hi Andy ,

Thanks for that I will look out for them in Asda next time I'm down there . I take it you are like me you still have a sweet tooth and I think a little bit of junk food is OK as long as it is not every day.

Again thanks for the info .

Stu Shaw

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe noooo i dont think its ok at all, i try very hard to not eat junk food, but i have a stock of the bars in my cupboard and when im starving and in a rush ill reach for them, my favourite is the chocolate decadence or something like that, if you are asda or any of the supermarkets for that matter they are next to the slimfast shakes and stuff in the medicine isle (no idea why) but im not advising you eat these im just saying i do on occasion :) im sure there dreadful, they taste too good to be healthy (yes i do have a sweet tooth :( )

best wishes

Mireille

StuShaw said:
Hi Andy ,

Thanks for that I will look out for them in Asda next time I'm down there . I take it you are like me you still have a sweet tooth and I think a little bit of junk food is OK as long as it is not every day.

Stu Shaw

Why not just break the habit of sweet desires. Grab an apple instead. It's so easy.

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Mireille said:
StuShaw said:
Hi Andy ,

Stu Shaw

Why not just break the habit of sweet desires. Grab an apple instead. It's so easy.

Nothing like a good old apple but can't eat 'em anymore-the meter says no...Apples were a favourite of my old mate Gerry when he was here but he seems to have dissapeared! I'm gutted!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Andy12345 said:
i admit to eating the atkins bars but i buy them from the supermarket, i say admit because i think they are probly frowned upon due to them being low carb but full of toxic junk

Check the ingredients Andy :thumbdown:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Nooooo lol I'm in denial, in fact I'm not in denial because it doesn't exist

Lol

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't comment on those products but be aware that there are plenty of suppliers providing overpriced food and drinks targeted at diabetics. If you look at the supermarket shelves (yes, you'll have to search) you should find a range of suitable low-carb or low-GI carb products be it fruit, 85% Dark Chocolate, no added-sugar fruit juice (don't drink too much) and so on plus all the non-carb products such as veg, meat, fish, cheese, eggs and so on.

whompa73

Dislikes
Chavs
Lindt do a 90% dark chock . I do have one in my fridge but havnt dared open it yet as I might just eat the whol thing :angel: :angel: :angel:

stu shaw

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Politicians
I thank you all for your replies and Mireille I love and do eat a reasonable amount of fruit , apples , pears etc unfortunately they tend to send my blood sugars into double figures , so I am like most diabetics , and I have spoken to many , we are in a no win situation when it comes to fruit , you need to eat it but you have to live with the consequences . Regarding the chocolate bars , believe it or not I am not a great fan of chocolate , it was the puddings and pancakes that caught my eye on the CARBLIFE Ltd. website , especially the banana flavoured ones. As for fruit drinks , I have found that VIMTO ( NO ADDED SUGAR ) is OK for me to drink , it may not work for everyone but it works for me and I even got the nod from my diabetic nurse that it was alright .

Again thanks for all your advice and suggestions .

Stu Shaw