Eggs and Salmonella. Advice please....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
tettenhall boy said:
I love eggs and haven't been ill from them. What is Burgen? Maybe that made you ill. Did you mean burgers? You have to be very carefull with meats and proteins, if unsure leave a bit longer rather than undercook, just to be safe.

Burgen bread is (apparently) a low card wholegrain bread which I buy from Tescos at £1.49 a loaf.

If I had an Iceland nearby they sell it for £1.....

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
zolabud said:
I caved in and ate my lovely scrambled eggs with no ill effects.

Good, more than likely it was coincidence that you felt ill afterwards.

I remember my mother making me tinned ravioli on toast when I was little, was really ill afterwards and never ate it since from a tin since, have it in my local Italian but can't bear the thought of eating the tinned variety :(

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
whompa73 said:
Boild egg and soldiers. What am I going to do now when I am ill

Good old fashioned chicken soup! :D

SpaceChick

Another chicken keeper here :D

I can't eat shop bought eggs now, as they don't taste like proper delicious eggs should taste :(

My hens lay the most fantastic eggs and they are soooo fresh.

Shop bought eggs by the time they are processed tend to be a week old by the time they get to the shops for sale. Mine rarely make a week after being laid as they are just so lovely :D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just re-read this thread and was surprised by someone throwing away eggs in case they had a half formed chick in them. When I kept chickens the eggs were removed from the coop every day and put in the fridge. This usually stops development.

If it wasn't for the foxes and rats I would consider doing all that again.