TYPE 2 SUDDENLY UNSTABLE

rosephoto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
HI

Type 2 since July this year gained good control via diet low carbs and exercise. Bs 4-5.2 between meals 10-12 afterwards.. Last week few days Bs 13-15 FrIday 21.6 first thing at 5.30 am saw Dr 11.30 bS 18.6 . Started Metformin 500mg bd . Saturday Felt unwell Bs 21.6 before lunch took additional 500mg Metformin Bs 25.6 an hour and a half later. Saw on call Doctor Bs 15.6 .

Now on Metformin 500mg 3x daily and 40mg glicazide x1

QUESTIONS

1. WHY? Has pancreas suddenly reduced insulin production again?

2. Is this likely to stay like this now .

3. On call Dr found few white cells in urine but didn't want to treat as infection.

Will see/ Speak to Gp Monday .. Look forward to feeling better soon... Be good to hear of other type 2 experience.http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=25#

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It happened to me earlier in the year, BS climbed rapidly into the 20's, can be down to a number of things. Have you changed your eating habits / foods you eat, gained weight, I had lost a bit of weight or its just a progression of the diabetes which in the end it is for me.

I have relooked at what I was eating and restarted getting things back under control, have also been an various doses of gliclazide now on 120 mg. My BS is currently swinging high and low and need to sort that bit out.

rosephoto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have lost weight intentionally and kept diet in check I suspect it is the diabetes progressing . Both parents were diabetic type 1 and type 2. Lived apart for many years so different lifestlyles My father tall, fit and good diet ideal weight for height was type 2 at 50. Oh well another learning curve...posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=46917#

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. How old are you and are you normal weight. Whilst an infection is possibly the cause of higher blood sugar, if you are young and not overweight then don't discount the possibility of Late onset T1. I don't want to scare you as this is unlikely but always a background possibility. Keep monitoring your sugars and hopefully they will drop back again.

rosephoto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am 50 and need to loose 3 stone to return to normal weight. But young at heart! Looking back I have been increasingly tired over the past few years had several fasting blood sugars that came back as normal. But when my diabetes was in control I had so much energy and at the beginning of last week was going to go back to the gym in addition to the normal dog walks of 2 miles and swimming 3x a week. So I think now undiagnosed or pre diabetes for some time.

QUESTION

Today I feel very tired BS 8 YAY now when can I expect to feel more normal ? Dog very cross as on short walks of ten minutes as I feel quite weak.. Thanks for the replies it does help.posting.php?mode=reply&f=25&t=46917#

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Yes, it does look like T2 perhaps with the pancreas not being A1? The Gliclazide should help; it did with me in the early days and the max dose is 320mg which I was finally on! I also had Sitagliptin added which also helped a bit, so hopefully medication will be able to help you in addition to the low-carb diet.