Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
paul-1976 said:
Andy12345 said:
hi, not all of course but then it never is but i feel SOME type 1`s do indeed look down on type 2`s i was recently told by someone id hijacked there "type 1" thread, i probly did hijack the thread but why did they mention the type1 thing if not to suggest i shouldnt be there, maybe im being sensitive but its not the first time ive encountered this, i have kept my nose out of type 1 section since which is a shame because i do like to poke it in everywhere :) just my opinion and i certainly dont mean this to offend anyone especially the wonderful folks like paul whos posted here because i really enjoy what he posts and would hate to upset him or anyone else, its just how i have felt or been made to feel, i am probly wrong :) or maybe feeling jealous because i dont get to inject and eat b.. b... b..... bread! there i said the word, i dont have a problem :shifty:

Hi Andy!

Thanks mate and I'm not offended in any way and I totally 100% agree with you that a small minority of type 1's have an axe to grind or it would certainly appear so! I guess last night I was trying to defend myself as I've always seen us all the same with the same risks of complications and I have always been annoyed by any T1 who gets on their high horse spouting rubbish about how they are a victim whereas T2''s brought it on themselves and it makes my blood boil as it's utter **** TBH!

You haven't hi-jacked anything mate so feel free to post where you like as a small minority of T1's poke their noses into T2 threads and of course there's the occasional low carb hater who pops along on the low carb diet forum to derail it whereas you have always been a great poster IMO and simply sharing your experiences and giving advice wherever you can. :wink:

Best

Paul

Can you two get a room or something!

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Jaxx01 said:
Has anyone ever come across this?? I have just been referred to as a 'fat lazy ****** who just needs to stop stuffing their face with ****' from someone who has a child with type1. Don't get me wrong, I understand there's a daily uphill struggle involved in raising a child with diabetes but do you think that as a type 2 we are just looked down upon As 'fat' and 'lazy' sometimes? I for one am not overweight, I am 32 and was diagnosed at 31 with type 2? I know management wise it's a lot stricter aith type 1's I just feel that comment is what most people think!

I'm assuming this was said to you on the Internet Jaxx. It's easy for someone to be spiteful and hurtful sitting in front of computer screen and some people do relish in other people's misery....as sad as it is!!!

I've never come across any wars where type 1's are against type 2's and vice-versa, however I don't venture on the likes of Facebook, Twitter or any other social media where this might exist, better to ignore any negative comments made towards you and just get on with enjoying life :)

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Diabetes 1, 1.5, 2, gd, and the rest is ALL diabetes, managed differently for everyone even if the same type! Of course there needs to be sections on the site for people to get the best responses from people with the same, similar problems. Personally happy to comment on anything and have done so. If I or someone else have something to offer to a "a different type" great. Have seen people respond to posts on a different type from themselves to be told quite harshly no thats wrong the op is type...... Instead of politely saying thanks for responding but that won't help op because...... always new things to learn..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Neil Walters said:
paul-1976 said:
Andy12345 said:
hi, not all of course but then it never is but i feel SOME type 1`s do indeed look down on type 2`s i was recently told by someone id hijacked there "type 1" thread, i probly did hijack the thread but why did they mention the type1 thing if not to suggest i shouldnt be there, maybe im being sensitive but its not the first time ive encountered this, i have kept my nose out of type 1 section since which is a shame because i do like to poke it in everywhere :) just my opinion and i certainly dont mean this to offend anyone especially the wonderful folks like paul whos posted here because i really enjoy what he posts and would hate to upset him or anyone else, its just how i have felt or been made to feel, i am probly wrong :) or maybe feeling jealous because i dont get to inject and eat b.. b... b..... bread! there i said the word, i dont have a problem :shifty:

Hi Andy!

Thanks mate and I'm not offended in any way and I totally 100% agree with you that a small minority of type 1's have an axe to grind or it would certainly appear so! I guess last night I was trying to defend myself as I've always seen us all the same with the same risks of complications and I have always been annoyed by any T1 who gets on their high horse spouting rubbish about how they are a victim whereas T2''s brought it on themselves and it makes my blood boil as it's utter **** TBH!

You haven't hi-jacked anything mate so feel free to post where you like as a small minority of T1's poke their noses into T2 threads and of course there's the occasional low carb hater who pops along on the low carb diet forum to derail it whereas you have always been a great poster IMO and simply sharing your experiences and giving advice wherever you can. :wink:

Best

Paul

Can you two get a room or something!

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

LOL!!!

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
brett said:
Diabetes 1, 1.5, 2, gd, and the rest is ALL diabetes, managed differently for everyone even if the same type! Of course there needs to be sections on the site for people to get the best responses from people with the same, similar problems. Personally happy to comment on anything and have done so. If I or someone else have something to offer to a "a different type" great. Have seen people respond to posts on a different type from themselves to be told quite harshly no thats wrong the op is type...... Instead of politely saying thanks for responding but that won't help op because...... always new things to learn..

EXACTLY!!! :thumbup:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all

This has been an interesting topic that the Op posted. Please remember there is NO Type verses another type, and no type is better or superior than another. Some people go through hell with their diabetes, it's very, very hard at times. Why the mother in the Op's thread said those insensitive things, we don't know. Maybe she was feeling the guilt and hurt of HER child having this condition for the rest of that child's life, a seriously bad night time, it won't go away, and we are all waiting for the cure one day. Hopefully, this mother will of realised what she said with deep regret. Sometimes we can't see or know how another person is really feeling or coping :( but that does not excuse that behaviour.

Members, again, please do not make off the cuff comments about certain type's better than another, even in jest, as it could cause bad feeling amongst other members. Diabetics have enough to contend with and that's a fact, whatever type!

Best wishes RRB

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
and i need to know whos gonna be the man in our relationship paul, i am in touch with my femanine side and i really couldnt cope with another wife *shudder* so if its ok with you ill be Andrea

edit: and i probly got bigger boobs too

lmao

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Ah but I'm the cook and cleaner at present and watch Coronation street so perhaps 'Pauline' is just waiting to escape and show her feminine side but perhaps a compromise can be met where we're both 'Ladies' ! In fact I have motorcycle licence so perhaps we can be the new 'Low carb' and slimmer version of the '2 fat ladies' travelling round on the bike and sidecar cooking low carb grub!! :thumbup:

LesleyAnne2

I can kind of understand the reason why a T1 might feel resentful of T2s.
Don't get me wrong I am not saying they are right to do so but I understand why some might.
Diabetes is painted as a bunch of fat and lazy people who spend years making themselves sick and then costing the health service a lot of money - the media doesn't distinguish between types and so all diabetics feel tarnished.
And to be fair how many of us knew much about diabetes outside of the media picture before we got our own diagnosis?
However, the only way forward is to join together and be heard as one voice... we need more research into ALL diabetes including type3 and we need to work at removing the stigma and educating the masses.. maybe one person at a time.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
paul-1976 said:
Ah but I'm the cook and cleaner at present and watch Coronation street so perhaps 'Pauline' is just waiting to escape and show her feminine side but perhaps a compromise can be met where we're both 'Ladies' ! In fact I have motorcycle licence so perhaps we can be the new 'Low carb' and slimmer version of the '2 fat ladies' travelling round on the bike and sidecar cooking low carb grub!! :thumbup:

LMAO too funny!!, i sure now how to pick em :lol:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my problem with having a problem with the type stereotype is i did in fact bring it on myself i did eat too much rubbish my whole life, not get enough or any exercise, i knew like smoking i wasnt doing myself any favours, if it wasnt this it would be lung cancer or heart attack so technically its my fault we all get treated this way and im sorry for the folks that didnt do this to themselves :thumbdown:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
on saying that i have worked and paid tax my whole life and paid bupa a small fortune so i reckon im still in credit :)

and i kept the nice folks in mcdonalds in a job so i have helped with the nations employment levels

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol not single handed :) i helped there too, in fact, pizza hut, kfc, every kebab shop in the south east, burger king and many many others, we are hero`s. :lol:

julie54

The point is surely that all of those of us who have been diagnosed as type 2 diabetics had no idea that this was coming!! The guilt laid down on us by the media is so ridiculous, because all we have ever done is do the same as everybody else in terms of what/when/how often we eat!! The promotions in the media is all for all of the foods which we now all feel guilty about eating - even though it was the norm!! I went through all of this 'built laden' rubbish until I took a step back and acknowledged that I was just doing the same as everybody else - without real understanding of the consequences!! So - no I don't feel guilty - I just feel angry at the food industry and if I am honest, a little angry at myself because maybe I should have realised!! But then, why should I??!!! I only did/ate what was portrayed as 'normal'!!! Now I understand so much more - but what a shame I had to be diagnosed as diabetic before the penny dropped!! It is up to the Government to take a grip of this and REALLY spell out the real message!!

sparkyrich

julie54 said:
The point is surely that all of those of us who have been diagnosed as type 2 diabetics had no idea that this was coming!! The guilt laid down on us by the media is so ridiculous, because all we have ever done is do the same as everybody else in terms of what/when/how often we eat!! The promotions in the media is all for all of the foods which we now all feel guilty about eating - even though it was the norm!! I went through all of this 'built laden' rubbish until I took a step back and acknowledged that I was just doing the same as everybody else - without real understanding of the consequences!! So - no I don't feel guilty - I just feel angry at the food industry and if I am honest, a little angry at myself because maybe I should have realised!! But then, why should I??!!! I only did/ate what was portrayed as 'normal'!!! Now I understand so much more - but what a shame I had to be diagnosed as diabetic before the penny dropped!! It is up to the Government to take a grip of this and REALLY spell out the real message!!

Please don't call me Shirley!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i kinda agree apart from, if someone said to me take this pill you are no longer diabetic, what would i do? id go straight to the nearest junk food outlet and stuff my face, even though i know its bad for my body in other ways, im not sure what this means :crazy: