Funny eyesight

Tracyserajian

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm type 2 (diagnosed @ 9 months ago) taking metformin and gliclazide. My levels are still not stabilised. Morning Fasting levels anywhere between 10-13. For the past two days I've been experiencing blurred distance vision. I am unable to make out car registrations and road signs. I cannot focus properly on people/things at @ 30ft or more away. I had an eye test about 4 months ago, and my eyes were fine. I've also had my eyes checked at hospital @ 8 months ago and have background retinopathy. Anyone else suffered from this?

pr126

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed T2 in June.
I too have [intermittent] blurred vision and sensitivity to bright lights.

Tomorrow I will have an eye test by the optician to find out more.
Next month I am due to have an eye screening test for retinopathy as well.

Meanwhile I am testing my BG levels daily, and managing to keep it within limits.

Netty70

Hi
When I was diagnosed in may I was 118-119 blood test result they started me on medication straight away as soon as my levels started to come down I lost my vision completely for about a month i got rushed to hospital for a thorough eye test which came back fine thankfully so all in all the vision problem was due to my blood sugars
Hope it sorts itself out for you both
Scary though isn't it :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

twosweet

Have heard of this. Also know that if you can control your blood sugar and keep it under 8.0, by testing before and 1hour after you eat, to see what spikes you, then you can possibly get rid of the vision problems.

its all about good control, unfortunately.......well mostly.

candiloo

I get this all the time if my levels are too high - once I bring it down it takes a few days to settle but please don't let levels come down too quickly or it can cause retinal damage. Take it slowly and get it under control with carb counting.

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
I had the same problem, only with close things, I whent to the optician and they said that the blood glucose level distorts the eye ball, and that it should stabilize as I get control. They took lots or data and I have to go back in a month to see if it has improved. It has already improved so I am very pleased, but will go back to make sure :)