Lows & morning sickness :-(

hdm_84

Hello everyone,

I'm 6 weeks pregnant & suddenly started to feel extremely nauseous when I go low. The problem is that I'm so scared of going high that I'm low most of the time so I'm constantly feeling sick. Has anyone else experienced this & what did you do? I know I need to reduce my insulin but I'm too scared in case I go high. Please help!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gauri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Re: Lows & morning sickness :-(

Hypos is bad for your health

dont know much but whenever I feel hypo I just have a slice of banana and drink water

some people advice peanut butter ..

hope it helps

Worried123

I did a lot of research on highs versus lows in pregnancy as like you I was worried about the effects on pregnancy. Basically highs are bad especially in first 12 weeks but as yet I struggled to find much on the impact of lows. Like you I preferred lows to highs. However lows are not good for the mother but also I would assume that they are not good for the baby. The reason I think this despite evidence lacking is that when we hypo our oxygen levels to the brain and blood are low hence in pregnancy they must be low for the baby. Having said that we know that the body is an amazing thing and that when pregnant the body will prioritise the baby's wellbeing so if the mother has low oxygen or low iron what little we do have is prioritised and sent to the baby. Of course the ideal scenario is for diabetic women to maintain near normal levels but we know this is easier said than done. I think all we can do is do the best we can for these little ones and pray for the best out come. Sweet drinks and fruit such as bananas and grapes during hypos help when having a hypo. Like u I worried myself silly of course we won't know until baby is born but for me so far so good with the baby. Wishing u all the best xxxxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App