Blood sugars too high after breakfast and then at lunchtime

mickellwife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm so fed up and depressed that i can't keep control of my sugars anymore. I'm on 500mg Metformin Slow release, 2 tablets after dinner time.

45 mins after eating lunch, it was already 10.1 so i exercised and at 1 hour, it was 8.4 but just half hour later, it was 12.2 and 2 hrs after, it was 13.6. It's never been this high and i'm so scared

After breakfast its between 8-9 and lunch is between 9-10.

what can i do as im so worried :(

Gauri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Re: Blood sugars too high after breakfast and then at luncht

Hi There
Hope this helps !!
My nurse told me to keep a check on my sugars so it like u can divide ur tablets accordling
Suppose u take 4 tab

and your breakfast readings are upper limit
lunch is very high
dinner is also high but no so as lunch

so take 2 tab after lunch
and 1 after breakfast and1 after dinner
bse she told me you have to even keep check of all foods u are eating low GI foods
I think u should switch to low GI foods to hve bettercontrol and divide ur tab according to reading :)

Mshipmonkey

Re: Blood sugars too high after breakfast and then at luncht

Hi, I think you need to go back to your doctor & ask for a medication review. The metformin 1000mg doesn't sound like its working on its own. There are other diabetes tablets you can also have added to the metformin. Failing that you might need to take insulin its not too bad once you get used to it.

Are you pregnant or trying to get pregnant? How long have your sugars been this high? Also when testing your sugars after eating wait for 2 hours before testing.

Is there a diabetic clinic or nurse who you can see about this. My doctors have a diabetic nurse who comes into the practice once a week. She was great in helping me get my blood sugars down & very supportive too.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App