Diabetes Etiquette for people who DON’T have diabetes

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hm. I'm afraid I feel it's a little OTT. Whilst diabetes is a pain and for life it is nothing compared with many other illnesses or surgery that are lifelong and require just as much attention. As for not sharing your blood sugar readings with others as they are 'private' I really don't go along with. Despite the hassle with diabetes at least with some effort I can have a long'ish life without noticeable problems.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
I liked the article. There's nothing I hate more, which sets my teeth on edge, than people judging me for what I'm eating (the you shouldn't be eating that brigade - er yes I should I've just bolus-ed for it) or people wanting a running commentary on what my blood sugar reading is and what it means.

I just want to be normal! my body isn't normal but I like to pretend to the outside world as much as I can that it is.

Oh, and my other bugbear - people making a fuss about me testing/injecting because they can't bear to watch. Don't watch then!

Strangely I can relate to the 1st post already and I have my first appointment with the diabetes nurse tomorrow. All week I have had "do you remember great uncle kevin? He had diabetes and he grew a third arm etc"

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4