YOUR HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SUMMER 2013

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's now the middle of September, the darker nights are drawing in, there's a nip in the air and Autumn is just around the corner. Summer has packed it's bags and gone off to warmer climates ;

What has been your highlight/s of the summer months ?

Looking forward to reading them :thumbup:

Best wishes RRB :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The warm (but sometimes uncomfortable) weather was welcoming, nothing too exciting just grateful to be around to see another :thumbup:

K

Kat100

Loved this summer....met new friends on this site...very nice to be able to do that...:)

I have enjoyed my summer walks all helped with the weight loss...and there has been some...

I loved the summer sales....shopping for next year!!!!!

Now I just want to be cosy and live under my blanket...keep warm and cosy and practice some winter type cooking.....always better than a salad I find...

Kat x

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I agree the weather was lovely. I'm also ending the summer more than a stone lighter than I started it. I know more about carbohydrates than I thought possible. I feel fairly positive about weight loss and diet, more in control than the start of the summer.

So discovering this forum has been a massive highlight for me.

As a family we had some great days out and e also adopted 4 kittens who are growing every minute and keeping us busy.

I like this time of year and it's 100 days until Christmas!

Cara

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a pretty good summer all around. Lovely walks with my puppy and I thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine!

The issue I have is I seem to have blinked and missed autumn! Is 4 degrees outside and there's frost on my windscreen!

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
I had a funny summer, diagnosed T2 end of June with other medical issues still being sorted out!! However loved the sunny weather lost 2 stone, just comeback from Egypt and looking forward to next summer wearing smaller clothes, I hope.!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Hitting 60 years of age and not feeling it!
Looking forward to 70.

LittleWolf

Taking up pole dancing

Taking my brother to the beach (our parents never really did that sort of thing as a family) I was a huge deal for us

Spending time with my boyfriend all the way in Somerset, I don't get to see him much

Meeting all the cute doggies that I made friends with like the Rottweiler in the park and the Alsatian puppy on the way to the park and the Staffordshire bull terrier outside Tesco and the American pit bull terrier owned by the homeless people in Somerset who stood up and put his paws on my shoulders and licked me in the face :3

Visiting Richmond park for the first time

Going camping with my boyfriend

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
The lovely long days.
Warm mornings and evenings sitting outside with a cool drink.
The summer flowers.
Beautiful sunrises and sunsets over the mountains.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Long walks along the beach from my house in Folkestone to Hythe and back, early morning cycle rides out on the marshes, cutting artichokes from my own bushes and collecting dwarf green beans for salads. Spending most of the summer with Mrs Bear while she was out of school. Barbecues and picnics (all low carb and limited calories of course) with friends, and a fantastic wedding at Warwick castle. Priceless.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I love Warwick Castle!!! Planning a day out there soon :) I loved having a good summer for a change. Finished a year of house renovations.

sparkyrich

Sunderland air show with the red arrows and the Battle of Britain flight (just two of the fantastic displays). Best of all, it's a freebie!
Seeing Bon Jovi in concert - class act.
Visiting sunderland's glass centre and walking on the glass roof forty feet above the cafe. I spend my working days in a cherry picker repairing lights at greater heights but for some reason it gave me the willies :-(

punto53

That was a fab summer not worrying about making arrangements because of rain.
For six weekends in a row we were able to adhere to our plans.
Also had a fabulous week away in Italy (Amalfi Coast) and weather was still great here too so let's hope will be great summer next year as well.......

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi what wonderful highlights members have had, from walks, doggies, lovely weather, birthdays, dress sizes and even pole dancing :lol:

Spending time with my darling daughter, walking from Bournemouth rail station instead of getting the bus to the beach. We went towards the cliffs, the quieter side and when I saw the view from the cliff top, it took my breath away, so scenic and we zig zagged down onto the beach and it was absolutely lovely.

Going up to Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth and walking across the glass bottom floor with my daughter holding my hand, ooohhh it still send shivers up my spine, but yay I did it ( if you haven't guessed yet, I'm not keen on heights).

Getting my little countryside job and waiting at the bus stop, with Parsonage Farmhouse directly behind and looking across a huge green field with the thatched roofers thatching a cottage next to the field, just a magical moment for me X

Finally, seeing my daughters year tutor and he gave nothing but praise :angel: I felt such a proud mum ( and still do) :clap:

Keep them coming, they are ALL wonderful

RRB :)

samantha13

A gorgeous weekend away with my partner in lough eske castle Donegal to celebrate one year into our relationship <3 fantastic weather and romantic walks :) tho I am looking forward to a cosy winter!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Had plenty going on over the summer, that's for sure.

- Went swimming at Bosworth waterpark on a boiling hot day
- Brother's best friend since he was 13 got married at the end of August
- Booked my first holiday without my parents, going to Amsterdam on 1st November
- Went to the West Midland Safari Park (took some cracking photos, not had chance to edit them so I'll post a few below in their raw state)

4tAKV.jpg

4tALX.jpg

4tAMl.jpg

4tAMS.jpg

4tAO1.jpg

4tAOB.jpg

4tAOZ.jpg

- Tons of other stuff !