Help

cherylle

Im type 2 I really got in control of it lost a stone and gave up.Iv took to over eating.in general just ignored the diabetes.i know its wrong.i felt awful in the morning but my b.s were normal.iv pulled myself together and started getting in control as anyone else felt or done what I have.????
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
All the time, just gotta get back on that horse.

mitsi5959

hi cheylle
i know how you feel, lost weight two years ago, then put it all back on again, been in denial, comfort eating, all the wrong stuff, every morning you wake up and say to yourself gonna get myself on track, but it never happens, then you feel guilty and sorry for youself and go an have another cake, becomes a vicious cycle, i have got myself on track for the last month, you know you can get back on track, cos you have done it, good luck

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We all fall off the wagon from time to time, thats normal. Getting back on it is important when your ready, you'll get there :)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I think it's important that if you eat one 'bad' thing not think 'oh well I might as well carry on and eat some more'

1 'bad' thing does not have to mean 5 more things on top.

Take it moment by moment and not even day by day.

deniecehazel

Hi

I am finding it hard myself and know how you feel
I am non-compliant with my medication as well. Most times I either do not have the appetite or there would be a sudden increase in appetite.

I would say it's tough to control it as it can take a toll on you. To ensure meds are taken 3 times daily is like praying (no offence though)
Have had multiple situations where lethargy sets in and upon reaching the docs, I'd find out my sugar level is way higher than expected even if its fasting glucose test.

I am only 28 years of age and from Singapore. I've had few people nag at me due to my sudden weight loss and increased weight as well. I feel like a yoyo.. yoyo diet up and down... sometimes when I do not diet somehow I tend to lose it as well. But fret not. Its hard but don't give up. Drink lots of water and try to be compliant with your medication. We can do this. You wouldn't want it to get worse.

My doc's been nagging at me as well as he's taken aback by the results but doc's can only do so much. Meds and checks but they generally do not know what's happening to our bodies.

If you're finding it hard..meditate or do something to relax. If you are hungry munch on celery sticks, carrot sticks, almonds, non sweetened nuts. Eat Apples too it really helps. I can't stop munching at times and I will admit despite knowing I have TYPE 2 diabetes diagnosed 3 years ago, I do at times ignore the trash I eat even when my conscience knows that I am not supposed to do it.

Hang in there! You can do it!

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
I second the bit about drinking lots of water, it really can help.

Thankyou for posting because this happens to me and I feel guilty and then binge, knowing I'm not alone in this is useful.

So get back on that horse and we are all here to help and support you, just take it one day at a time.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we all have bad days - the trick is to stop them turning into bad weeks or months. If I have a bad day then I do my utmost to put it behind me, start the next day anew and with a bit more determination. There is no point in beating yourself up about what is in the past, always look to the future.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thommo - that was a beautiful post. I shall copy it and keep it handy for these days.
In the past I would have embroidered it and put it on the wall, but unfortunately I don't know how.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know all about struggling to keep on track and feeling like you could eat the world. I have bad days and good days and now I do not have really bad days which is good.
One thing that helps me is not giving importance to the urge to eat. If it is not a big deal then it does not matter.

Do not give up hope. You are far from alone. Together we will sort ourselves out :)

cherylle

Hiya I went to d.n.on Friday guess what id only put 2 lb on.but b.p was raised slightly.protein and a blood in urine.so you can imagine what she said I was honest and told her Id had fell of the horse somewhere she of course wasnt understanding but hey - oh with you all im back on track.and when am feeling down I know were to come thankyou everyone.:)

deb60

I was diagnosed t2 in 2011. I lost almost 3 stone and was told by my diabetic nurse that I was in the normal blood sugar range. I was thrilled with this news and promptly went back to my old ways and put 2 stone back on! In may I had my full bloods done and when I went back to see my nurse and was told that my bs were really high. I had been feeling rotten and also had thrush, but hadn't put 2 and 2 together (complete denial) I was falling asleep straight after eating but still hadn't realised what was happening. I have now lost about a stone and a half and cut out sugar and last week went back to see my dn. She was beaming as I walked in and she told me that my bs was normal!! This time I'm not going back to my old ways, I feel 100% better and no longer fall asleep. I was on holiday in Venice for the last 6 days and although I did eat pizza I shared it with my husband and rationed myself to 1 scoop of icecream every other day. I have come home and have only gained 1lb and my bs is fine. I have finally realised that although my bs are normal I am still diabetic and always will be and gaining weight is the trigger for my diabetes. That said we are all human and we aren't perfect. :lol:

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
we all fall of the band wagon after all we are not saints.
but you just have to pick your self up and start again.
sometimes i have gone off the wagon because of things gone wrong with my other illnesses things can get on top of us at times
but get back up brush yourself down & keep smiling