Confused feelings,...

Eta

Hi everyone,
My lovely boy has been diagnosed with T1D a month ago, he is doing well and is very brave, the weak one is me, thinking too much, what ifs are killing me, his questions like "when will diabetes go away?" Or "Im fed up of insulin." Or "When are scientists going to invent something To cure D" are breaking my heart,...
Still doing his injections at lunch time, still observing him at activities. I am stresses, fed up and tired, why kids????!!!! Why????!!!!
I stopped my life completely, stopped working, cant Be bothered to study, stopped my activities as I haven't got time and will anymore,... I love him so much and I hope he will have long healthy life, i am scared of loosing him, all this highs and hypos are killing my heart!!!!!!
I tried to talk with D psychologist but doesnt help, ...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

faeoj

it looks as if you are feeling guilty that your boy has been diagnosed! please don't feel this way there is nothing that couldn't have prevented it! the more support you give him and show him that you can be brave too is what he needs right now! I remember when I diagnosed at 7 my mum and dads world stopped and I couldn't stand it! the best thing you can do for him is try to get everything back to normality and try not to make everything different because he's diabetic!
good luck he sounds like he's got his heads screwed on and will start to get it under control properly!

sunday

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I think it´s normal that you feel this way. It is very diffccult to see the own child suffering.

When my daughter got diabetes we both went to hospital for 2 weeks. There was a child with cancer and another who couldn´t even move the head. So we thought that we got luck with the diabetes.
There were times when she needed help and advice.
Now my daughter is 19 and there are times when she hates her diabetes and other times when she doesn´t think so much about it.
She´s laughing , she´s angry, she goes to concerts and partys, she likes her friends, she´s working for school, she likes some teacher and don´t like others. She´s a normal teenager making girl things....

So if you want to help your child don´t get depressive. He might feel that and feel guilty bout that. Don´t think he´s poor because of the diabetes. 100 years ago he would have been poor.... I think you help him more if you try to live and try to enjoy life with him.
If you are afraid of low or high bloodsugar you can test him.
Vera

chamki

Hi im in the same boat as you hon. My 6 year old was diagnosed In feb. The stress is killing me. I just cant accept the fact that he is a diabetic because of me. My mum got tb due to which my son had to have a bcg injection to protect him. That injection attacked his pancreas causing diabetes. Oh god how I wish I can turn back time. I wish I hadn't given him that injection. My happy and healthy so is now suffering so much. Will this guilt ever ease? Just stay strong for your child and try and be brave for them. Xx

Eta

You know yea i still feel awful and guilty and sad and angry and sometimes fed up - but you know what we need to stay strong for our little angels, this was meant to happen and we need to stand up and carry on, may God hear our prayers and keep our kids safe!!!