Fatty Liver and HbA1c?

meoman

If someone in passing told me the following, how could it be interpreted in plain english?
"Your recently diagnosed Fatty Liver found during HbA1c Diabetic Type2 testing may be excessively raising blood sugars when processing carbs due to issues with lipids."

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI, that's just a statement of Roy Taylor's idea. You can read more about Taylor's research here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/di ... versal.htm

It's in reasonably understandable english, eg:

"A crucial point is that individuals have different levels of tolerance of fat within liver and pancreas. Only when a person has more fat than they can cope with does type 2 diabetes develop. In other words, once a person crosses their personal fat threshold, type 2 diabetes develops. Once they successfully lose weight and go below their personal fat threshold, diabetes will disappear. "

Taylor makes a big thing about not just controlling blood glucose levels like the NHS suggest. More needs to be done and he suggests a substantial weight loss. The standard NHS advice about losing some weight and taking some exercise and watching your carbs is half right, but is only half the story and half the story isn't good enough.

Taylor writes:

"The extent of weight loss required to reverse type 2 diabetes is much greater than conventionally advised. A clear distinction must be made between weight loss that improves glucose control but leaves blood glucose levels abnormal and weight loss of sufficient degree to normalize pancreatic function."

dave howard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling great and getting Inexplicable high and low blood sugar readings !
meoman said:
If someone in passing told me the following, how could it be interpreted in plain english?
"Your recently diagnosed Fatty Liver found during HbA1c Diabetic Type2 testing may be excessively raising blood sugars when processing carbs due to issues with lipids."
The liver is tested along with various other functions when your HbA1c test blood is taken. You have to ask your GP what the issues are with your lipids,and will fixing these "issues" stop your liver from raising your blood sugar level. It may well be that something as simple as a lower fat level in your diet could fix the "issues".
Try not yo worry as this will make your sugar level rise more.

emporer

When I had my initial tests done in June/July my doc said my liver test came back as borderline, he said its still within normal levels but quite common as we approach middle age and carry extra weight around that area, but with weight loss etc should be fine. I've been excersising every day since and lost weight, my diet has changed substantially as that was at the beginning of my diagnosis. I have to repeat the test again tomorrow so hopefully it will have improved.