Type 1's What is your BG in the morning?

PaulKC

My BG in the morning is normally around 5.2 mmols
I used to go to bed with my BG anywhere between 4.5 mmol and 5.5 mmol but in the morning always had a reading over 12 mmol or 13 mmol due to night time hypo's.
I now always make sure that i am not below 6 mmol before going to bed to prevent any night time hypo's and each morning for the last 6 months my morning BG has been between 5 mmol and 5.5 mmol and i feel more alert and awake in the morning now,
My DAFNA Course diabetes nurse recommanded that i try to be between 6 mmol and 6.5 mmols before bed.
Paul.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I was 6.3 this morning , yesterday morning i was 5.3. Only difference was that I ate a couple of handfuls of walnuts last night around an hour before bed and hardly slept. Bizzare

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cblake843 said:
I was 6.3 this morning , yesterday morning i was 5.3. Only difference was that I ate a couple of handfuls of walnuts last night around an hour before bed and hardly slept. Bizzare

Walnuts have 3.2g of carbs per 100g weight so this may explain the difference depending on how big your hands are :)

Loey1953

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 this morning and another lovely sunny day. Have a great weekend everyone.

Loey

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.0 but I had to correct a 2.3 during the night - so not too shabby

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a 6.3 this morning which is the best morning result I've had in ages.

Started a new morning dose of Lantus yesterday in addition to my evening one and so far it seems to be working out well. Will possibly need to change my insulin to carb ratios to compensate slightly though.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App