high fibre breakfast

meoman

is there a really high fibre breakfast thats low on sugars... something thats preferable to protein or fruit breakfast.. split toasted seeds sort of thing?.. porridge can be bland.. nice nutty taste ... allbran full of sugar and weetabix similar .. something mega fibre?

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
HI I do have porridge, but I put a table spoon full of mixed nuts, then a spoon fill of mixed seed on that and top it off with slces of fresh peach, it is delicious and only raises my BC by 1 at the most ;)

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Flax seed is supposed to be a high fibre low carb.

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
I do mine in the microwave with half fat milk (I use oats so simple) :crazy:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Flax seed added to the porridge, to add to the flavour and the fibre.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I don't get on well with porridge, normally 2 ryvita with a bit of cheese, and ham.
Used to be bacon sandwiches.

KaseyCoff

My favorite breakfast is plain, nonfat Greek-style yoghurt (usually Total 0%), mixed with a spoonful of oat bran... a spoonful of brewer's yeast... and about two heaping spoonfuls of flaxseed. Lots of protein and fibre, not too much sugar / carbs. When I want quick 'n' easy, I have either All-Bran Flakes (can't stand the sticks! lol) or Bite-sized Shredded Wheat. The flakes have more fibre, but they also have some (not a lot, but some) sugar and sodium. The shredded wheat is basically wheat with little sugar or salt (I'm not sure, but I think there's no added salt or sugar in them, actually.)
:)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
meoman said:
is there a really high fibre breakfast thats low on sugars... something thats preferable to protein or fruit breakfast.. split toasted seeds sort of thing?.. porridge can be bland.. nice nutty taste ... allbran full of sugar and weetabix similar .. something mega fibre?

Nutty taste? - try nuts!

I have a mix of ground almonds; coconut flour (could use desiccated); milled flax seeds - 5-6 d'spoons, mixed with boiling water & m'waved for a minute to thicken, & topped with double cream. Full cream milk would be OK. ALl sorts of flavours can be added, e.g. cinnamon.

Almonds contain about 12% fibre, & coconuts 24%.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just add a couple of teaspoons of ground chia seed to whatever I happen to be eating for breakfast, has no real taste to it.

candiloo

none of the cereals are any good carbs wise, so I avoid and have low carb bread and eggs. Keeps me going for endless hours and I don't put weight on, also it only needs 3ml insulin for me. Less insuling = good - not hungry = good. Love it. Cereals put my levels right up, then I run out very quickly as it is almost a sugar rush. Plus with the metformin I take they completely upset my stomach.