Carb counting

syb

this label thing on back of food is still not sinking into me , altho what I call a low carb diet , chiken , all meats,,, veg , salad, a little bit fat cube cheese , I e porridge for breakfast , ive lost 28lbs and low bs ,,, altho I don't follow labels because im so thick it will not sink into my brain what it all means ,,,
but I think what im eating at present is a low carb diet, plus I have a lot of weight to loose, but in 3 weeks I still don't feel any benefit for doing this as yet.

example food for me ...
breakfast , 4 tbls porridge skimmed milk
lunch ,,,,,,,,small handful nutst , maybe an omelette with a bit of salad.
dinner , 1 very small pot lots of veg cabbage, sprouts , chiken
snack maybe another omelette ,

I am still trying to learn about carb counting , maybe if I did I could further out on my food , I guess its all early days yet 3weeks

if anyone has a book carbs for dummys hahahah ill have it

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
have a look at "myfitnesspal" if you have an smart phone you can zap the bar codes and it gives you everything you need, if no smart phone there is an online version but you wont get the zapper, still useful tho

i dont think i could take 2 omelettes a day, i can only have 1 salad a day too, the porridge wouldnt suit me, have you tried full fat natural greek yogurt for brekkie with berries and or nuts? i love that

syb

hi andy
I am very picky with food, I never use to eat salads, veg or fruit , and rarely eat meat , I was always for the rubbish stuff , hence overweight and diabetic , since finding out I have stomached chiken , veg, and salads , as for greek yoghurts I don't know im not a keen lover of yoghurts , or fruit really , as the citrus in the fruits set my nerves off.
but I am at the stage where I do need to introduce something different I cant eat just this the rest of my life :(