Carb counts

Jackshill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi to all..
I'm still taking the meds (fewer than I was), but I've mostly got my blood sugars down through weight loss and reduced carbs. I've done this through strict denial, eg carbs are bad so don't eat any, or hardly any.
My question is: (having searched for carb counts or weights on the web)
Is there a definitive carb count manual anywhere? I know people talk about grams of carbs, but what informs their advice. How many carbs are good or bad , what is the carb count of different foods etc?
More specifically how do you count your carbs

I know I'm not alone anymore!

Tracey69

Hi
I am a T1 diabetic and my diabetic nurse suggested buying Carbs and Cals book on line it's written by chris cheytte.
I have found it really help full.
Well done on the weight loss.
Take care
Tracey

Carbdodger

Hello there
My lifeline when I went low carb was the Collins little gem calorie count book. It's about £5. Ignore the calorie count column and just refer to the carb column. At first I weighed everything to get an idea of how many carbs were in a serving. After a while it will be something you just know. I've settled at around 30g of carb a day mainly from veg and berries. Been like this for around 3 years and never felt better. Love this way of eating and never bored with my food.
Cd

syb

hi all
carbdodger , what is your blood ranges on a 30g low carb diet , at the moment im just doing my own way of thinking low carb , loads veg , chiken , ect I don't weigh it .

don't you think 30g is low?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The Calorie Carb & Fat Bible is an excellent reference book.

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Carbs and Cals book is very good. You can also get an iPod app but since a recent update mine no longer works !!! :-(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App