bedtime levels

sarah1282

Hi everyone just wondering what your bg levels are when you go to bed. Mines around 5/6 should I be going to bed with a higher level?

syb

hi sarah just came across your post . so I thought I would do my bs. mine is 5.7 but I just had a handful of nuts half hour ago :D

LittleWolf

Mine is 6-7. I'm not on insulin but I've had reactive hypos or hypo'd after drinking alcohol in the night before :( scary. Has this ever happened? Are you worried about going low in the night?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sarah1282

Hi syb 5.7 is really good :)
Little wolf im soooo worried about having a hypo in my sleep ive been in bed sometimes and it takes me ages to sleep incase I have one that's why im not sure if to make them higher before bed.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

iHs

Personally, I try to go to bed with a bg level of around 6-7mmol and try to keep it at that level throughout the night by adjusting the basal rates on the pump. A bg level of 5mmol can easily turn to 2-3mmol during sleeping hours without a pump and even with one, a bg of 5mmol is a tiny bit too near to hypo land and no one wants to have a nightime hypo and chance whether they will wake up or need help.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Depends really. If I've had alcohol I'll aim for the 7s. On a normal day I aim for the high 5s.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Mine never drops much by 1mmol so ideally above 5.5 but below 7 is where I want to be before bed.

Glennbo

I need mine between 7 and 9 if I want to avoid hypo land at night. Makes me think I need to change my game a little and decrease my lantus?
Although either way high fives would still worry me before bed....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DCUK Forum mobile app