Gym

linsay

Hi all. Just looking for some ideas. I joined the gym today(very big step for me) I was just wondering where you guys put your pump when exercising. I had it in my bra today but not comfy. I have looked at clothes with the ipod pockets but the pump is too big. Does anyone use the iphone things for arms? Are they big enough? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

leahshort

Hi Linsay

Well done on joining the gym :thumbup: . I joined a few months ago and it has been worth while if not a little tricky sorting bloods out. Through trial and error I now take my pump off whilst in the gym to avoid hours of hypoing afterwards. I am in the gym for about 45 mins and this seems to work for me. You can get a waist band/bum bag type thing for the gym to put your pump in and also one thats on the arm. When I did have my pump on I used what I have my pump in everyday and its the carrier that you clip off your bra strap and that was comfortable.

Just out of interest what do you do before, during and after the gym regarding food, insulin, levels etc

linsay

Hi.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah maybe just taking it off is the best. In theory u shouldnt need it for a short time. My programme is only half an hour but yesterday I was only there for an induction so didnt do lots. Im not really sure what im going to do before etc. Think your right with the trial and error thing though. Ill let you know how I get on.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App