Neuropathic pain

jagmansilver

Hello

I am an insulin user with type 2 diabetes.
My doctor has diagnosed Neuropathic pain
I experience pain in my joints. mainly at night.
This pain will keep me awake
Is anybody else experiencing this and if so,
how do you manage the pain?
Regards

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I take gabapentin and tramadol for arthritic and neuropathic pain.
Also have been told ivabradine that I take for my arrhythmia works as well.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
I'm prescribed Duloxetine for the treatment of neuropathy by the Diabetes Clinic but it has no effect on the pain so I get cocodamol 30/500 (the strong stuff) from my GP which works wonders.

Hopeful Alfie

I have had neuropathic pain for many years now and unfortunately find that it does get worse. However, I researched the matter on the internet some time ago and the general consensus appears to be that there is no cure for it but there are treatments to allay the pain, although some have unwanted side effects. Many advisors recommended plenty of exercise and to break through the pain barrier. This is decidedly not easy but I have taken their advice and positively GO FOR IT ! It hurts like hell at times when I am walking :( but I am still mobile and enjoying life, having accepted that pain is part of it. I know a lady who gave up on it and just sat at home. She now has very great difficulty in walking, even with a frame. So I will continue to grin and bear it, pausing from time to time to let the pain fade a little. Just don't let the b-----s get you down ! :D

afc79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been type 1 for 24 years now and I have been diagnosed with neuropathy in my hands and feet, as I already take every pain killer going my consultant gave me capsicin cream it makes it feel weird to start with but it does work you could try that : )

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Carbdodger

On diagnosis I had bad neuropathy in legs feet and arms. Switched to a low carb diet and within days in started to fade and then disappeared. So why not try a low carb diet?
Cd